Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

The suits in the background of Iron Man 2 are from left to right
    Mark 1 (escape from the cave), Mark 2 (silver which Rhodes takes and creates war machine out of), Mark 3 (which he fought Obidiah in) Mark 4 (which he wears at the start of the movie) There is also the mark 5 - the portable suitcase suit and the mark 6 with the triangular chest piece. The mark 6 is a modification of the mark 4, which was a bit chunkier than the mark 3.
    For the suits, check out here http://ironmanmovie.marvel.com/#/gallery the third photo down on the right

Like the NOES idea, might be a bit hard to make though. Imagine waving 4 1" blades about, it would be a bit heavy
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Youngling

alright here is my contribution mabye to give someone ideas!

its the mark2 suit inspired saber.

hope it brings inspiration to someone!!

Quote Originally Posted by HAVOK View Post
    alright here is my contribution mabye to give someone ideas!

its the mark2 suit inspired saber.

hope it brings inspiration to someone!!
    Wow, good job and design scheme. I dunno how possible it is, but maybe you could also use some sort of overlay or underlay on top of the mini arc reactor light to give it a bit more of a pattern...
    LOCKHEED

If those armor overlays are on a working hinge, you could easily fit the recharge port under there, so you lift up the armor to charge it, then remove the plug/ flip it down when it's "live"

I think that's a really cool idea, I bet you could make those two hinged pieces out of some sink tubes, 1.25 and 1.5 or something. To fit MHS the 1.25 will have to be bent some, but since you're only using the top half of the tube, it shouldn't be too problematic.

Wow that's great Havok, really embodies the feel of the mark 2. Your design-fu is much better than mine. For strength you might need to make the RT crystal chamber a little smaller (I had the one on the Mk3 too big at first as well). I love this design, great work.
    Hmm, just revisited mine, the RT still looks too big on it too, ah well can be fixed in the actual build.

Also remember folks, just because someone has put in a design for a particular saber (ie Iron Man Mark 2 or 3) doesn't stop you from designing the same version in your own way.
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 05-24-2010 at 04:16 PM.

Very nice design HAVOK.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Well I have finally put together the basic parts for the War Machine crossover saber. I'll just post the link here as it is only a temporary pic and I don't want to fill up the thread.
    There is still a lot to do and the textures have to be finalised yet, but this is a start.
    http://i1029.photobucket.com/albums/...gns/parts1.jpg

Awesome Iron Man Saber! Love it!

Force Lance from Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda

Youngling

just as long as the war machine saber has some kinda gun or missle deployment!

as in the "ex wife" nah cos it didn't work . Actually I have been toying with a pop out door system for access to the switches and recharge ports.
    As I said this render was just the shapes of the MHS parts, still got a long way to go.
    I did chose the blade holder because it resembled the flash supressor on the mini gun.
    Koza, nice force lance.
    Keep 'em coming
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 05-25-2010 at 06:06 AM.