Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

Wow basket hilt on a saber, I want to get sketching on this idea. No...no I gotta finish off my sink tube sleeve first.

There have been great ideas so far, now all we need are some sketches or renders.

I am now going to build the Iron Man, have a good idea what the MHS components will be, I'll use the builder to rough out the shape and have a drawing of some sort up tomorrow.

New crossover ideas:
    1. Doctor Who Dalek blaster arm saber
    2. babylon 5 rangers saber expands and contracts the hilt like the mimbari fighting pole.
    3. Batman utility hilt with lots of black rubber and silver utility belt around the hilt (as already listed on the thread)
    4. Fantastic 4, shiney with the big 4 on it, lots of flashing LEDs
    5. Judge Dredd lawgiver saber matt gray/black with a little silver with LED segments for power and the judge badge.
    6. Tron with lots of EL wire highlights
    7. Wild West - looks like the barrel of a colt 45 but the spinning barrel is the handle of the hilt, rotates to give different coloured blades?
    8. Doctor Who sonic screwdriver saber

And that's my lot for this post. Any more ideas? let's have some drawings
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Quote Originally Posted by Sloda Foade View Post
    I am now going to build the Iron Man, have a good idea what the MHS components will be, I'll use the builder to rough out the shape and have a drawing of some sort up tomorrow.
    I'd like to make a custom machined Iron Man themed hilt someday. I look forward to seeing your MHS version.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

I'm now thinking 3 Iron Man sabers, a bitsa like Iron Man 1, then a hot rod red and gold version 3 or 4, and a silvery/gray/matt black war machine
    Hoping to have sketches or photoshop drawings over the weekend
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 05-20-2010 at 10:26 PM.

you could do a Silver Centurion (basically the same as the briefcase armor) in red and chrome too.

Well the suitcase suit has basically the same colour scheme as the ver 2 and ver 3 (triangular chest reactor) wherase the mark 1 is all different bits with Stark Industries and Danger signs over it with weld lines etc and the war machine is gray/silver and matt black colours with chunky add ons.

I have just finished my saber, 6 hours too late for the competition (typical) but now I can start sketching these sabers... watch this space.
    I'll also put my saber up in the gallery shortly.

Awesome!...HURRY!!! hehe

Don't expect too much, I neglected to say that my sketching skills aren't too hot. The first pic will be a modified MHS builder pic.

I was more so referring to the build you just completed. I don't wanna wait for Lord Maul to post the contest sabers to see a new one.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think a Iron Man saber based off of the Corran Horn design would look awesome. Like this one http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ghlight=corran

Except where the guarded switch is you can have a AV with either the dot or ring illuminated and just paint the saber to match the Iron Man scheme.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Sloda Foade View Post
    Wow basket hilt on a saber, I want to get sketching on this idea.
    I've been thinking about this FOREVER. I totally want a rapier-styled saber.