Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Here are a couple of X-Men cross over sabers I made. Here is one based on Cyclops: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=7634

and this one has the X-Men emblem on it: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=7803&page=4

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Some awesome ideas here. I am glad to see I am not the only one who has had these ideas as well, I have 2 theme sabers drawn up. One is an x box themed saber usinf parts from 2 controllers I have broken. The other with be a suprise... but very awesome. I have also drawn a few in the style of Final Fantasy gun sword styles. And I am working on a way to make them with inner parts of an airsoft gun so they will function as a real gun sword.

Great thread idea.

The GC boys also did Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. They named it Flawless Victory: http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=22055.0

I also remember a Batman saber and a Wolverine saber that was presented there (on FX) (I think) a year, year and a half ago.

And I kid you not, I was toying around with a Barbie saber for my girlfriend's daughter. Because if she can be an astronaut/lawyer/doctor with a malibu beach house and camper, why can't she be a Jedi?
    Unapologetic Geek.

another cool one would be a legend of zelda crossover saber. mostly a navy blue hilt with a triforce symbol cut out in the emitter and a yellow blade, so the symbol 'glows' yellow/gold.

Kal El Rah did a great Superman saber.

Shneider from the anime bleach can be found on here, and was excellently done.

I'd love to see some batman stuff--black rubber, blued/anodized and weathered, brass/carbon fiber accents.

I totally believe in the concept of jedi specific sabers.
    Traditionally, a padawan would select the crystals that they felt best resonated with their personal force "signature," the exception being uniform synthetic crystals.
    It would seem like an obvious process, but it would serve two important functions as well.
    The dynamics of the blade would reflect the personality of the jedi who constructed it; and the most difficult part of construction: correctly setting the crystals using the force, would be substantially easier if you resonated with them.

Wow Darth, have you been thinking on this much? I love the idea of adamantium being impervious, fight with a sith lord and Wolverine where he slices the saber like he did the shotgun in the movie. Cooool.
    These are great ideas. I would love to see the LOTR one you describe, maybe I'll have a go at sketching that and the Iron Man one on the weekend, but of course my vision might be totally different to yours.

Borax, not really linked to the crossover theme, but you mentioned X-Box game controller parts, check out my PVC joystick sith saber here
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=10746

Rhyen, these cyclops sabers are great, exactly what we are looking for. fantastic.

That scorpion sabre looks great except for the sink tube over the choke area, I'd either break the tube or slice myself up on it, but that's just personal preference.

Oh, just had another idea... Dare Devil dual sabres, well he already has the sticks which just need the blades as it looks like they already have emitters and pommels.

My wife just suggested a pirates of the carribean sabre, lots of nicks and weathering, with feathers and bead chains etc. Much more interesting than my master and commander navy sabre, but then she is writing a series of books and has much better imagination than I do.

Keep em coming folks.
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 05-20-2010 at 04:40 PM.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

You think Master and Commander, I think Horatio Hornblower. I have visions of an Admiral's Saber worn by Admiral Pellew, later bequeathed to Captain Hornblower as he assumes command of the Hotspur. Something slightly curvy with a braided gilt grip and a tassel of some kind.

Also, since we're in the period, why not a Montoya lightfoil with the ornate handguard of Iņigo from The Princess Bride. For bonus flash points you can fashion it out of side-emitting fiber like Gravy's lightwhip and thread it around/along bent high-diameter wire.

What is life but the passage to death?

If I were to make a guard basket meant to be illuminated, I'd probably make it out of small angle or channel iron, so that the fiber could be wire-tied or epoxied to the metal framework, exactly tracing the lines in a way that embellishes an existing work.
    Like gold leaf on an embossed book.

I'd be interested in a Halo themed saber, as the spartan project's match/retaliation to the covenant energy swords.

....though an energy sword build in itself would be interesting..... solid blades of sculpted, sandblasted pc, with a white or cyan LED on either side of the grip...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I think I will use this LED sequencer to make a battlestar galatica Cylon saber.

Maybe some claws on the pommel and have an emitter shroud to look kinda like a Cylons head.

Any suggestions?

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php