Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    oh hell yeah i'm a fan. been one since i was 5. tom baker ruled
    Tom Baker is definitely one of my favorites, although it is very hard for me to really have a favorite because each one brought something special that I in turn loved.

Despite being a complete newbie with zero build experience, I'm entertaining the idea of working on Doctor Who "sonic saber." MaddMaxx has a really nice 10th one he calls "Opus" which looks amazing, but I'm considering even an 11th "clawsaber" design. That they each lend themselves to blue/green and silver &ceramic or brass doesn't hurt either.

These are just some hobby models that I've created using the incredibly limited Sketchup program, but I figured that I'd share them:

Master Saber:
    Master Sword Saber.jpg

Mario Saber:
    Mario Saber.jpg

Awesome builds, all of them!

FenderBender, that LOTR hilt is simply beautiful! Care to share how you did the inscription on the shroud? I wanted to do something similar (of course simpler) inscription on an MHS sink tube but failed so far... I would be grateful for any hint!

i was thinking (if i had the money) to do a series of sabers based on Fred Saberhagens BOOK OF SWORDS. I think once i settle on a design I'm going to start with Soulcutter, as i have a Green Goblin soundboard i want to put in there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twelve_Swords_of_Power
    Last edited by Cern; 07-22-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wrong name of the sword. derp
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

It's been a while, but I created another set of sabers on Sketchup. If you're familiar with Kingdom Hearts, you'll be sure to recognize themKingdom Keys.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drewby777 View Post
    These are just some hobby models that I've created using the incredibly limited Sketchup program, but I figured that I'd share them:

Master Saber:
    Master Sword Saber.jpg

Mario Saber:
    Mario Saber.jpg
    Ohhh I was such a fanatic of those two games. Would wield both of those with pride!
    "A lightsaber is an interesting weapon. A blade unique in the history of warfare. A paradox, not unlike the Jedi who wield it: those peaceful warriors, who kill in the service of life. Have you ever noticed? The blade is round. It has no edge. But it is a lightsaber - which means it is nothing but edge. There is no part of this blade that does not cut. Curious, yes? Symbolic, one might say."
    ―Vergere