Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

I had a few minutes spare today so I put together a quick idea for a pirates of the caribbean lightsaber. Of course it had to be based on Captain Jack Sparrow's pistol.

Hilt is 1.25" sink tube with MHS converter to blade holder style 7. The handle would be from wood with whatever flintlock parts were available online.
    As it is a pirate saber, it should have a red or orange blade.

And NO, I am not building this one.

Last edited by Sloda Foade; 06-12-2010 at 03:53 AM.
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Default daywalker saber

been tinking of this for a crossover saber

The Daywalker

it would need some custom work by tim on the BH to remove the middle set of rings and also the main body to remove the switch hole and stretch the rings across the length of the main body. There would be some tedious paint work to replicate the vampire glyphs/symbols but it could be done without too much custom work.

i want a single handed saber so this and the sidious jump to mind but this is a crossover thread so here you go, blade colour would have to be red (blood) or white ("day"walker)

feel free to come up with your own versions or improvements on this design.

Cheers.
    "The Sith grew past the use of lightsabers. But we continue to use them, if only to humiliate the Jedi."―Darth Sidious

That would be cool, especially if the glyphs could be in relief, either machine away material around them to leave them raised, or some sort of insert. Would these be connected to form a dual saber or just singles?

I've been wanting to do a Daywalker lightsaber for years, just never gotten round to it.

I've got it planned in my head how to do it.

Board Lurker

Default dr who sonic and dalek gun saber.

funnily enough a few years ago i actually did do some designs of these two ideas.

based apon the 2005-2009 style daleks and sonic screwdriver, probably impractical and ugly in most peoples views but with a bit of clean up they might turn out quite good il try and figure out how to upload pictures at somestage and post them.
    Last edited by Dippy123; 10-29-2010 at 12:04 AM.
    Vale' Decem

Wow this is an old thread... Great stuff.
    Just had to post a sketch of an unintentional crossover. I didn't even realize it until I showed the sketch to my husband. The first words out of his mouth were: "why does it look like Sauron's tower?"
    photo-56.jpg

Hi Aziara, yes it does look incredibly like the tower and eye of Sauron. good sketch. Do you have any idea if or when you will build it? I haven't been building lately due to having chemotherapy. Seeing this cheers me up no end, thanks.

Chemo, man that's rough. Glad I could brighten your day
    I'm certainly planning on making the Sauron saber. I have a bunch of parts laid out on my table right now. The first thing is to find a switch with a red-orange led in it for the eye's center. Does the CSS ever sell red-orange leds, either for blades or in switches? This hilt is absolutely screaming for a red-orange, lol.
    I think I'll make the hilt look like tarnished silver: somewhat shiny on the raised areas but nearly black everywhere else.

Hi again Azaria, apart from multi coloured LEDS, I don't think TCSS does orange or red orange LEDS at present. You could try an electronics specific provider, here in aus I use Element 14 but I think they are newark in USA. If you got one of Tim's multi coloured LEDs you could mix the colours to get the same effect, or you could use a white LED with a red orange gel filter.

Not sure if anyone does red orange switch LEDS, might need some research to find them. Tim does Red and Orange AV switches. Check out the TCSS store.
    I look forward to seeing the final saber, assuming I am still around.
    Last edited by Sloda Foade; 08-23-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Well, I've sent an email to the store asking if they'll get more. It is still mentioned in the description of the luxeon rebel stars. No response yet. I did find the red-orange stars straight from the luxeon site, but the shipping costs more than it does...
    Most of the reason I'm posting right now is a new idea for the design. I'm using a cheapo hasbro board, so there is flashing, which I'd like to avoid for the blade. But accent lights however... I did once see a guy on youtube who spliced the main led through the speaker wires. It came out really nice. So, instead of using a light-up switch, I'll use a normal black one, but both parts of the eye will be translucent, with low power orange leds beneath. And they will connect through the wires with the flash, so the eye will 'blink'. I got the idea from your iron man saber a few pages back.