Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SW other genres crossover sabers

90% complete. All that's left is a bit of wiring and assembly
    .photo_zps06cdad8b.jpg
    photo_zps0abb8c34.jpg
    photo_zps8d386eca.jpg

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Some great ideas in this thread. We did an LOTR themed saber late last year/early this year:

I'd love to see someone take a crack at another Iron Man/War Machine saber. Eastern57 did one, I've wanted to do one as well. The drawings earlier on in the thread are way cool.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Fender your right...really good stuff here (where has this been hiding)
    P.S. sweeeet saber Fender.
    "A foolish man fights a fight he'll lose, and lose foolishly".

I am currently trying to figure out how to get a (small, simple) katana-style handguard on a MHS hilt. But I'm a noob and that seems difficult. Any thoughts/ suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    I am currently trying to figure out how to get a (small, simple) katana-style handguard on a MHS hilt. But I'm a noob and that seems difficult. Any thoughts/ suggestions?
    Think of your tsuba as an MHS trim ring and your blade holder is the habaki. Two MHS parts can hold your tsuba in between them over the threads. There are several ways to approach this but it does take some thinking outside the box. Tim/Stryder also offers a custom service to modify parts if you really need it. If you want to draw more attention to your question, posting a new thread titled as such should get more responses.

Thanks Chrystal! Yeah, I've decided that I'll try to make a tsuba that will lock between the blade holder and the rest of my hilt. I've been looking into custom washers, and I think I can find one that will fit (and also look cool) for pretty cheap. I'm slightly nervous that this will mess with the LED module, but I think it won't be a big deal.

I actually *don't* want to draw too much attention to my post, because after just a little more research I found all the info I need, and now I regret asking too soon.

Best,
    Cory

Default Doctor Who lightsabers anyone?

For many years I have watched and loved the British Scifi show Doctor Who. I have often wished for a crossover between Star Wars and Doctor Who, and I often wondered what the Doctor's lightsaber, were he to have one, would look like. I figured, it would slightly resemble his sonic screwdriver. So, I decided to come up with a crude idea of what the 10th Doctor's lightsaber would look like. I went with the 10th Doctor because he is one of my favorites and because David Tennant (who plays the 10th Doctor) is a giant Star Wars fan and would probably get a kick out of this idea.

So first, I give the sonic screwdriver:
    qmx-10thdoctorsonic-1.jpg

And now, the lightsaber I based off of the sonic:
    tennant lightsaber1.jpg

i reckon a dalek eye stork as a hilt would look wicked. as a side note, there is a 50 th anniversary episode on in november so look out for it
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....

Quote Originally Posted by madmaxx View Post
    i reckon a dalek eye stork as a hilt would look wicked. as a side note, there is a 50 th anniversary episode on in november so look out for it
    Ooh, a Dalek lightsaber, how intriguing. BH 24 could easily resemble a dalek eye. HMMMMM, now you've got me thinking.
    And I am psyched about the 50th anniversary! Glad to know of another fan(?) on the forum.

oh hell yeah i'm a fan. been one since i was 5. tom baker ruled
    ....Don't fear the Reaper....
    ....He's just a Sith Lord that has lost his lightsaber....