Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rathan's 1st saber - sink tube (MR Sound w/ Rebel Green)

Updated build thread.

You might want to put your buttons in the 1.5, intead of cutting a window and putting them in the 1.25. Just safety wise.

Does that 1.5" MHS to ST adapter fit over the 1.25" ST snugly?

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    You might want to put your buttons in the 1.5, intead of cutting a window and putting them in the 1.25. Just safety wise.
    "Safety wise"?? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo Avery View Post
    Does that 1.5" MHS to ST adapter fit over the 1.25" ST snugly?
    Yes, it fits very snugly. It is the perfect thickness to fit between the 1.25" and the 1.5". Tim does an excellent job machining these parts.

having a exposed edge of recently cut, then metal where your thumb will often be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathan View Post
    Moved the wires on the soundboard from the bottom to the top of the PCB, took off the white connector, soldered in the clash sensor, connected all the (-). Does anyone else have that ??? attached to the bottom of their Anakin?

Yup...I've seen those on that model of the Anakin board before...it's a capacitor that on later models is attached to the top of the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Great to hear! Will help w/my sink tube saber design!

Quote Originally Posted by Rathan View Post
    Yes, it fits very snugly. It is the perfect thickness to fit between the 1.25" and the 1.5". Tim does an excellent job machining these parts.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    having a exposed edge of recently cut, then metal where your thumb will often be.
    Ah, I see what you are talking about. That wont be an issue since I will be sanding down all the edges nice and smooth.
    I sanded down the ends that I cut using a flap wheel and they are perfectly safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Yup...I've seen those on that model of the Anakin board before...it's a capacitor that on later models is attached to the top of the board.
    OK, thanks. I was just wondering if my board had maybe been repaired or modified.
    Last edited by Rathan; 06-01-2010 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo Avery View Post
    Any more progress on this?
    So many things working against me.
    1. I don't have a garage/basement/workarea so I have to work out on my uncovered patio...which means getting anything done is weather dependent. LOTS of rain in Chicago over the last 2 weeks.
    2. My lack of experience with the dremel ... one slip and I have to redo the main chrome tube.
    3. Painting the plastic slip-rings on the inside tube BEFORE sliding the outside tube on ... just don't work. I am going to have to sand them down and paint them later after most of the assembly and a lot of making tape.
    4. Parents are coming in from out of state for a week long visit on Monday and staying in my 2nd bedroom. So, lots of crazy cleaning and moving of things in the "storage room".
    Rain is supposed to be letting up tomorrow so hopefully I will get some work done and pictures posted.