Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Rathan's 1st saber - sink tube (MR Sound w/ Rebel Green)

Thanks! I do some 3d modeling as a hobby. I used 3D Studio Max 2011.

Awesome. I do modeling as a hobby too! And I use 3D Studio Max 2010!

Looks good! I want to do a sink tube saber as my first build. Looks to be an economical way to start as opposed to using the MHS bodies/extensions, etc.

Keep us updated!

Lendo Avery

How are you going to secure the pommel? I used one of those faucet handles in a project of mine and I couldn't come up with a good way of attaching.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    How are you going to secure the pommel? I used one of those faucet handles in a project of mine and I couldn't come up with a good way of attaching.
    I am going to glue the faucet handle to the screw-on connector "thingy" on the 1.25" sink extender. The 1.5" sink tube will not actually be held on by the connector but by the covertec clip screw and held snugly by those washers.

The little lip that sticks out of the connector fits perfectly inside the faucet handle and gives a nice ring of surface area for some "Goop" glue.

The handle doesn't fit on the 1.5" connector.

I am going to grind off some of the sharpish edges on the connector and maybe spray it with the Krylon shiny metalic silver or maybe brass.

Do those connectors shine up nice because straight from the store they have that kinda milky aluminum look that just doesnt match all the chrome?

Hmm, guess it is time to clip my nails.
    Last edited by Rathan; 05-25-2010 at 02:07 PM.

Ya might want to try some epoxy on that pommel, I don't think regular glue is strong enough.
    Gorilla makes a good epoxy that sets in about 5 minutes.
    Darth Flatulous

Hmmm, the "Goop" is supposed to be good for metal to metal.
    I will use the Goop and if the pommel comes off I will use that epoxy.
    Thanks for the info.

not much luck with polishing the ring, its galvanized and cant be polished out to look like aluminum or brass because of the materials used in casting the part, go with paint for a uniform look between the two parts

Interesting way to connect the pommel. That gives me an idea on how to connect mine. I would probably throw a big washer between the ring and the extension pipe and put a bolt through both the pommel and the washer. I would also paint the ring black. I also thought of another option, but its harder to explain.

Cool! Helping/inspiring and I haven't evening built a saber yet.

More building will be done this weekend.