Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars in Concert - two thumbs up!

Youngling

Default Star Wars in Concert - two thumbs up!

Went to the show last night in Orlando - for awhile I felt like I was 8 years old again. Its definitely worth going if they come to your area!

We were sitting on the floor about 10 rows back and the sound was incredible. Hearing many of the popular Star Wars themes from the series performed by a full orchestra and choir is just mind blowing. It's stirring and a great way to expose your kids or people who haven't heard a full orchestral performance to that style of music.

Anthony Daniels is your live host and narrator for the event and he's great. Definitely brought a smile to my face when he came out since I forgot he was the narrator, does an excellent job too.

The accompanying video is good for the most part, although there's an issue or two with inserting Ep 1-3 clips into sections dealing with Ep 4-6 which kinda bothered me.

The museum aspect has a few good costumes on display and our local 501st and Rebel Legion were on hand. They were sparse - about 5-6 original stormtroopers, a good original Boba Fett, a Jango Fett, a good Vader, 3-4 scout troopers, a teenaged Padme and Anakin and a jedi dressed in black robes but with a blue blade. The displays were good, some opportunities to get a good close up look at the jedi robes. The weapons were all in 1 medium sized case which was highly reflective so I wasn't able to get any good shots.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

But how many lightsabers were there??

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Youngling

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    But how many lightsabers were there??

A Yoda saber in his display. That's it. Supposedly there were supposed have Kit Fitso and a Plo Koon displayed with their costumes but I did not see them there or in the weapons display.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

I was at the Orlando show as well. I have to agree with Dakarn. It was amazing! I felt like a kid again watching the performance live. I've been waiting months to see Star Wars in Concert, since I missed the first FL show last year.

I had an issue as well with the ep 1-3 clips with the ep 4-6 ones, but otherwise the show was awesome.

I saw this in the fall in Oklahoma City and it was awesome. The death star lasers being synced to the music was my favorite part.

I am the Sasuke.

I saw it in Nashville awhile back. Great show! Wish there had been more props though. I took a ton of pics there. Thought I'd put up my fav:

Aww rackin-frack!

I had to sell my ticket last winter when they were in Ottawa (money was tight due to reduced work hours). Damn. I kinda hoped it sucked, so that it wouldn't sting as much.

Oh well, at least others got to enjoy it.

And thanks for the screen shot. It looks cool.

I saw this at the o2 in London in April and it was amazing.

The music when performed by a full orchestra is simply mesmerising.

I didn't think much of the props but the legion were there and a couple of Jedi. The Obi-Wan had the most awesom outfit. Hand made by his Mrs.

The concert is worth going to.

Anthony Daniels is just brilliant, slipping in and out of his 3p0 voice during the narrative with comic timing.

What a great afternoon.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Saw it in Newcastle in April. Best birthday gift ever

Amazing. A definate must see

I'd love to visit Newcastle..

Anyhow, the only reason I can think of that I would pass on the Star Wars concert is the same reason I pass on the Video Games Live show: I love classical music, and I love going to symphonies. Having said that, I REALLY do not like the idea of having 10,000 people completely drown out the first few seconds of a symphonic piece with their applause. Applause is for the END of the piece! I couldn't do it...