Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The 'Master Michio Kaku' Lightsaber

Tim was not, in the flesh anyway, at this shoot as I am aware of. I was lucky enough to work out the creation of the saber for the doctor and then asks to present it on film by the production crew. *win/win*

Yes, the pom insert has a custom engraving, done by Tim, of Doctor Kaku's logo from his own website. The MK, looking like 'M<' on the site.
    Last edited by Darth Abominor; 05-17-2010 at 06:24 PM.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

No sound? Tsk, tsk. A once in a lifetime opportunity and he gets a stunt?

Just kidding Good job, nice saber and great vid.

Did you get to talk with him long?

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

It was short norice, so sound was not really an option as I understand it.

I have been on shoots with Dr. Kaku a number of times in the last few months, so this is the 4th good chat he and I have had on set.

He's getting an even better, in it's own way, item on June 4th from one of my local NYC artist friends.

Updated with the Master Kaku portrait.. saber in hand.

Cool portrait!

What fun! The perfect gift for the preeminent science evangelist of our day.

I didn't see the lightsaber episode. What's great about his show is that it takes cutting-edge science and technology and applies it to impossible problems, educating while also showing the limits and potential of our current knowledge. Whether or not the solutions he comes up with are practical, or even elegant, is almost beside the point.

I know celebrity scholars and scientists face scorn from their less celebrated colleagues, but we really need people like Dr. Kaku (and that ***y evolutionary biologist, Olivia Judson ) to get people interested in science, particularly when so much of the media (including a lot of the so-called Science Channel's programming) seems bent on encouraging brain-deadness. When you have a situation in which only 40% of Americans believe in evolution, 25% don't, and the rest are too stupid to even answer the question, you need all the help you can get.

There's always a bigger fish.

Here's a fun Update***

During the recent shooting of this season's Science Channel top-rated show, Sci-Fi Science: Physics of the Impossible, I was given the chance to present Dr. Michio Kaku (Strings and more) his very own Tim-made custom TCSS Lightsaber and a digital portrait showing the Dr. as a Jedi Master at Cloud City (robes, saber and all). These shots are from yesterday's show in which they gave us, as well as TCSS, a listing in the 'Special Thanks To' section of the show credits. Star Wars is alive and well here in NYC! (will air again on Wed 10.6.10 @ 10:30pm EST)

Last edited by Darth Abominor; 09-30-2010 at 03:26 PM.

He is probably one of the coolest geeks I have ever seen, and I loved his lightsaber episode, personally.

I also saw a mention of TCSS on a SYSTM episode. It had a lot about TCSS on there (including xl97's saber builder).

WOOT!..

I saw that too..

to be honest I was stoked!..

Ive had other high profile stuff.. but nothing 'cool'.. and most was/is under NDA anyways!

(aaaah!..the power of Flash.. if you can think it..you can make it happen!.. Saber builder had no guidelines...and I just did what "I" thought would be best.. based it of another platform/engine I had developed for a similar app... got some feedback from our CEO Tim.. and there you have it!)

I wish I had 1337 pr0grammer skillz. I just do html and php >.< No fun stuff like flash or java.