Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: eastern57's lighthound momentary to latching switch mod

Those PCB's are tempermental. There are many a reason for your problems.

1. There is too much solder on one connection
    2. The switch wires may need to be switched on the PCB
    3. There may be parts of the PCB that are bridging that you are unaware of.

I have gotten this to work, but I did need to do some troubleshooting...even after I had everything hooked up correctly. Good luck.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Thanks.

Well, I ordered 2 of the lighthounds and they sent me 3 so I might just start over with a brand new one.

Hold on. Do you buy these PCBs from somewhere specific? Or do you have to salvage them from something?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    Hold on. Do you buy these PCBs from somewhere specific? Or do you have to salvage them from something?
    There is a link in the 3rd message of this thread for the item. You have to take it apart and unsolder the LED. Very easy.

It is still not working!!
    I used a brand new PCB and took extra care soldering the wires and if I have the wire to battery (-) attached it don't do a thing. The new PCB does seem to be more stable turning on and off, as long as the battery connection is off, then the last one.

Does anyone think it would be a bad thing to leave it disconnected? Otherwise I am going to call it good enough and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathan View Post
    It is still not working!!
    I used a brand new PCB and took extra care soldering the wires and if I have the wire to battery (-) attached it don't do a thing. The new PCB does seem to be more stable turning on and off, as long as the battery connection is off, then the last one.

Does anyone think it would be a bad thing to leave it disconnected? Otherwise I am going to call it good enough and move on.
    That is odd and I am sure frustrating.

If you are content with this, and you have a recharge port setup, you can always use the kill pin as the way to turn on the saber...although that really isn't ideal for certain people. LDM did that with some of his Korbanth stunt sabers and it was fine...it's all about personal preference.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Ok, saying it is not working is erroneous. It turns on just fine and turns off 90% of the time on the first button press. It just doesn't work at all if I have it setup exactly as the diagram shows.
    That is why I was wondering if there would be anything bad with leaving the connection to the battery (-) disconnected.

Instead of trying to make that key light do something it wasn't meant to you can still try this.

http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/750

It is made specifically for what your doing & it's 10 x 20mm. Smaller, better, faster will do 10 amps its bionic.

Cool, just ordered 2.
    Thanks

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thanks Sunrider. I plan on ordering some.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php