Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: BORAX STRIKES BACK ! with saber #2

Well wash me down. Another great saber. I like the pommel section. Attractive & functional.

Braw!!...........

BRAW!!!!!!!!!!........................

speechless.....

thanks !

drill press lathing ain't the greatest, but it will work until the day comes when I can purchase a fancy lathing thingy-magig.
    Its just so rewarding to create things from stock metal
    Although i still think that one of these days I am going to make an MHS saber just to see what I can do with the parts, a lot of those are super cool.

Well the sad day finally came... I have given this saber away to the person I made it for. It was built from start to finish as a gift to a REAL Star Wars fan, so i was glad to finish it and suprise him with it. It was really cool so see a 37 year old man giggle like a little girl and start swinging it around though. Totally worth it.

I hope you all enjoyed it as well. Although i am sad now because after building my first red blade saber i am going to need to make another because dam do i like the Red. Thank you all for compliments on this build.

That is a very nice saber! I especially like the pommel. I know you did the grooves yourself, did you also make the pommel end too?
    Check out my artwork:
    www.rosedale-studios.com

yes every piece is a custom cut and lathed piece that i did. except the middle black grooved piece, that was a rubber coated coupler that I re-coated with black rubber since it was gray to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Borax View Post
    yes every piece is a custom cut and lathed piece that i did. except the middle black grooved piece, that was a rubber coated coupler that I re-coated with black rubber since it was gray to start.
    Very nice work!
    Check out my artwork:
    www.rosedale-studios.com

That rear grip is amazing. Awesome work all around.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Awesome saber. I really like the work you did on the overlays. Keep up the great work and be careful.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

HAHA will do Ryen. GOGGLES kids ! working in sheet metal for so many years.. i have been to the doctor about 5 times to get metal removed from my eyes, and that"s with safety glasses AND a face shield. when metal wants in there is gets in there sometimes