Thread: JamoUp's Contest Saber

Default JamoUp's Contest Saber

I thought I'd post a little more about the saber I submitted for the contest.
    Like I said, this was a saber I had built for my brother, to give him as his best man gift at my wedding. He loves it! I gave it to him in a gun case with an ARKM blade plug. I later gave him a show blade and the charger. I tells me that he never puts in the blade, just likes swinging it around and carrying it without it I guess.

Anyway, from my blog:

Specs:
    MR Windu Sound
    7.4V Rechargeable battery pack
    LedEngine RGBA- set to purple
    Quick connect on LED
    Modified TCSS heatsink
    Modified TCSS Lux III optics holder
    6 MHS parts, Powder coating by Tim
    3 3mm red accent LED's - holes in ribbed piece by Tim
    Latching illuminated AV switch- hole drilled by Tim
    5v regulator
    Buckpuck and resistors for LED's
    Recharge Port/Killswitch
    Pastor Jedi V2 lever
    TFX Studios Obi EpIII circuit board
    Custom sinktube overlays
    Custom "graflex look" bunny ears
    Cram-Fu by ME!!!! - - - This was the hardest Saber I've built, so much stuff in such little space!

This is the saber:

The first video, before I added more resistors and switched the power solution:

The second video- basically completed, need to add the sinktube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P939pG93DG0

This is the info I was not allowed to post during the contest:

The Custom Saber Shop is having a lightsaber building contest. So, I decided that my skills are just good enough to enter and not finish last. Lets hope!

For part one, I am posting the design pics. I fooled around with the saber builder app and came up with some stuff. and eventually found something I liked and ordered it. The concept is part Anakin and part Obi.

Here is the first idea:

This is what that turned into:

Then I thought about this... big difference hu?

Then I decided on this:

All of the electronics are in the clamp/gear section... less than 4 inches. It was a nightmare trying to cram everything in there. In the process I learned to cut shorter wires and assemble in pieces... if my brother ever decides to unscrew anything this thing will probably self destruct!

Thank you all for looking/voting (if you did). Any and all questions/comments are welcome!

Jamo, I am in love with this saber. From the pleasing lines to the amazing use of accent LED's. You my friend have outdone yourself. Every time I look at this thing it makes me smile...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Thank you so much! it is great to hear such kind words, i'm glad you like it

Very nice looking hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Very nice saber. Great job.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Wow. Looks like everyone really brought their A-game to this contest. Great saber. I love the blend of Obi-Wan and graflex.

Banned Sith Lord

this one was one of my favorites. im telling you dude you pulled this off beautifully. every thing blends awesome. the only thing im unsure about is the choke color. i think its because it stands out. it works and at the same time it kinda doesnt blend. but your electronics work was awesome. hilt awesome. way to go.

I VOTED FOR THIS ONE!!!

I really love it. Something about the way it looks classic, but also very prequel. Love the purple. Exactly like Shadar said... this one makes me smile.

So:

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Again thank you all for the kind words. Keep it comming!
    DJ: aaah the choke. I think I agree with you. That is the sun gold powder coat. I normaly do the copper on that part. I was hoping for a more sparkly effect. And in some lights it is better than in that picture. Also the wood in the background clashes with it!