Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Saber Build list of parts

Ok I just realized what I said. Had a brain goof. Thanks! I see what it is now.

Hello i am new here, but have been reading the forums and am really interested in building my first saber. i will follow the instructions on this thread but have a question. what resistor should i use instead of the buck puck. i am on a strict budget.

Welcome to the Forums.

This should help you with your resistor questions:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

thanks fjk , but i am still kind of a n00b and was looking for a more specific answer like, if i have a 2 AA battery holder and i want to power a rebel star led mhsv1 (lime) what resistor could i use instead. thank you in advanced

This is a DIY site. We give you the know how and you are expected to try to solve the problem for yourself.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

well, ok thanks anyways !

thank you for this it helped a lot!

Is it possible to use another switch like the 12mm Anti Vandal Momentary Red Ring Switch when utilizing this guide?
    If so does anything else change like the holes in the hilt or extra wires?
    Thank you for taking the time to help me.
    Last edited by Bethor; 09-30-2015 at 01:31 PM.

LDM made that parts list seven years ago. A lot has changed since then. There are many options available now
    More research required

Bummer...

I have browsed around a bit but didn't see any other guides.
    I'm sure I can figure it out if I had a buy this or that type of guide is there anything else like that?
    I don't need sound, I do want a heavy blade so i can hit other sabers with it. I would love to do purple but I can do red.
    If you could point me in the right direction that would be awesome!

Thanks again
    Last edited by Bethor; 09-30-2015 at 02:10 PM.