Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Saber Build list of parts

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    You are correct, the list has been fixed. It was probably accidentally deleted in the last edit.
    I think I already know the answer to this but is there an alternative to that battery pack? I live in Europe so it can't be shipped to me.

Sure, You can either buy something in Europe, or use something that would give you at least 5 Volts, which is what the BuckPcuk needs to run. You could always get batteries from JQ Sabers in the UK.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Sure, You can either buy something in Europe, or use something that would give you at least 5 Volts, which is what the BuckPcuk needs to run. You could always get batteries from JQ Sabers in the UK.
    Thank you kindly, getting pretty excited about building my own saber now, it will be my first saber. Just need to learn how to connect up an LED driver for a nice shimmer effect and I'll be ready to dive in (and make a few mistakes I'm sure)

Hallo
    I'm from South Africa
    I am working on "Shaka" its an Assegai Light Saber in Orange/Amber - 20.15" hilt with 30" blade (I know Assegai is traditionally 13"" blade and 40" hilt)
    Ive just ordered the hilt but no electronics yet, that I'll get later when the budget allows but reading through everything I know what to order just to get the lights on.
    But sounds would be awesome, just would it possible to get a item list of the essentials because I just like some Standard sound fonts and clash on flash (Yellow flash) - this would be a cosplay display Saber (No dueling)

P.S some credit if somebody use the Assegaai Idea as ive not seen any on Youtube yet, an no this isnt a light pike its too short ;p
    Last edited by Khaleesi; 12-31-2014 at 03:55 PM.

OK got my hilt parts in the mail today, it only took 16days 4/5 of which was customs in South Africa. Now to start Modding.
    ?I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
    OK got my hilt parts in the mail today, it only took 16days 4/5 of which was customs in South Africa. Now to start Modding.
    Please make your own thread for your build. Thanks.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

Another question, what is the difference between the heat sink module parts for the standard hilt at the custom saber shop that you ca order with the blade holder and the rebel star heat sink module and do you need both or only one piece? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Roz View Post
    Another question, what is the difference between the heat sink module parts for the standard hilt at the custom saber shop that you ca order with the blade holder and the rebel star heat sink module and do you need both or only one piece? Thank you.
    You only need one. Some order just the LED and heatsink without a blade holder.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

So one is for holding a carbon fiber blade and the other is just for the LED light? You cannot use both?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Roz View Post
    So one is for holding a carbon fiber blade and the other is just for the LED light? You cannot use both?
    Carbon fiber blade??? You would need some kind of adapter for that, plus it's not meant to be used with LEDs.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines