Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Saber Build list of parts

Quote Originally Posted by lindsayfox View Post
    So I am new and I am just wanting to build a hilt for a costume. I don't know what all I need to do this. I have the outer parts in my cart to make it look the way I want. I just don't know what I need to do as far as inner workings. I also want some form of end cap for were the blade goes (Non-visible) so that I don't look like I'm carrying around a hallow hilt. Any suggestions?
    Just in case your still waiting for an answer here...
    Go to:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Pommels-C34.aspx
    And pick out an MPS INSERT that you like [that is, if your using an MPS pummel.], to cap the pummel end.
    If your using a standered Hilt, you can probobly use this:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...ches-P746.aspx
    In order to fill the button slot on hilt. [Or if your using extension peaces to form your hilt, you can just find a button looking object to glue on, since it doesnt need to actually work.]
    As for the Blade holder side... Check to see if it automaticaly added the "Heatsink $8" to your shopping cart when you chose the blade holder. That should make a satisfactory cap on that end.
    If it didnt add one, go here to get one:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...Sink-P622.aspx

-Darth Havoc
    "Just try to picture activating a lightsaber WITH OUT the sound effects in your head... It just CANT be done!"

Just wanted to say, this sirte is pretty great. I haven't bought anything yet, but from shopping around, this site is pretty good for a beginner like me.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master Tel Phoenix View Post
    Just wanted to say, this sirte is pretty great. I haven't bought anything yet, but from shopping around, this site is pretty good for a beginner like me.
    Thank you...looks like it is time for another update to this thread. I will try to get to it this weekend.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Thank you...looks like it is time for another update to this thread. I will try to get to it this weekend.
    Current as of 10-1-12
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the information here. I had an idea for a saber years ago that I never pursued because A) the tech wasn't really quite there at the time and B) expense and C) I felt it would have taken me too long to figure out the electronics. Looks like I'm out of excuses now! The dream shall become a reality.
    ~Matt Shields

The Five Heroic Truths

Life is conflict.

Conflict is ambition.

Ambition is opposed, but ambition can overcome opposition.

Achievement of ambition creates more energy than it consumes.

Conflict is eternal but can be mastered.

www.JarethDakk.com

How do you know which size blade to get for your blade holder? 1" or 3/4" ???

All of the blade holders in the store are machined to hold 1" blades. If you want to use another size smaller than that, you'll need to find an adaptor.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

THANK YOU so so so so much. I'm building a surprise lightsaber for a Christmas present with NO CLUE what I'm doing and have had to teach myself EVERYTHING. I have not left my computer in 3 days......but out of all of my friends I'm probably the only female who can now understand any of this!

Force Aware
    Force Aware

hey just wondering, using the basic wiring kit, how do i add sound? i'm looking at the MWS Pre-Wired Nano Biscotte Sound Module, but that seems like it has leads to go to all of the other components, but these already exist using the basic wiring kit, no? could i just use the basic wiring kit + http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...lder-P766.aspx + http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Na...-V1-P806.aspx? or to save some cash, i have the soundboard from an Anakin Skywalker Ultimate FX LED lightsaber from walmart; could that just be wired in using its battery pack and speaker? or if not, using the above wiring kit + those 2 links, would i also need a buckpuck or anything else?

A couple quick questions, I'm a newbie and I plan on doing this over the summer, and if I ordered the parts from the links (main body style 2, blade style holder 2, pommel style 3 v1 if it matters) and followed the tutorial...
    A-Would it then be possible to add in sound after?
    B- If so, how much more difficult would it be, how much would it cost, and what parts would I need to add?
    Thanks for the help.