Thread: Basic Saber Build list of parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by kaptenfisk View Post
    I bought everything you told me to, but in the tutorial it says i need so much other stuff.
    So to everyone wo is new to this, don't buy things that he says you need, you need so much more..
    Yes, had you used the tutorial when it was written you would have purchased everything you needed. Since you used it 4 years later, things have changed a bit. The only thing missing is the electronics. The clue to you should have been when the link directed you to the home page rather than the electronics kit

BTW, the links have now been updated. Enjoy. If things change in the next 4 years, hopefully someone will not leave a snarky remark about how cruddy the time that I gave freely to help others was.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 03-30-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Yeah, sorry about that.
    I just did what you said in Step 9:
    "Don't visit the forum again until you get all of your stuff in the mail, you'll just confuse yourself"
    >.<

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by kaptenfisk View Post
    Yeah, sorry about that.
    I just did what you said in Step 9:
    "Don't visit the forum again until you get all of your stuff in the mail, you'll just confuse yourself"
    >.<
    LOL, well at least it is all updated now. Sorry it didn't work for you.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

I, for one, appreciate the "spoon feed". Even though I'm drawing alot of inspiration from other threads, this is a great place to start (even better with the updated info). So thanks for taking time to update (even if it was prompted by laziness).

I am sorry, but I am completely new here. I'm not sure what I need to buy when it comes to step 5, Do i need to buy a custom modular wiring kit if i buy the LED Module?

Quote Originally Posted by J-door8 View Post
    I am sorry, but I am completely new here. I'm not sure what I need to buy when it comes to step 5, Do i need to buy a custom modular wiring kit if i buy the LED Module?
    Yes, the link in the original post is outdated, this link http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MW...uck--P748.aspx is the Modular Wiring Buck Puck that you will need to run the LED Module. It has quick connectors for all connections except for a resistor (only need a resistor for illuminated switches/accent LEDs). Make sure you get the right mA output for your particular LED setup.
    Last edited by DarkarNights; 05-29-2012 at 02:34 PM.

So I am new and I am just wanting to build a hilt for a costume. I don't know what all I need to do this. I have the outer parts in my cart to make it look the way I want. I just don't know what I need to do as far as inner workings. I also want some form of end cap for were the blade goes (Non-visible) so that I don't look like I'm carrying around a hallow hilt. Any suggestions?