Thread: Need Help With Darth Nihilus Mask!!!

Default Need Help With Darth Nihilus Mask!!!

I'm making a Darth Nihilus Mask and am having trouble figuring out how to get it to comform to my head like a wookie skull (which is what Nihilus's is made out of). Also ive been thinking of making it with paper mache as i cant afford sculpting clay and to be honest im realitivly new to the costuming world but even if i wont be able to make a full Nihilus costume, i still want to make the mask, if nothing else, but to scare the bajesus out of my friends lol... ive spent the latter part of the day trying differant things here and there but i cant seem to find what will work (and look semi-authentic) painting will be no prob, its just getting the mask itself made lol... so if anyone who has already made a Darth Nihilus mask is reading this, id be much obliged if youd share your input and maybe a little advice lol.. thanks all!!!
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

"An Alliance Forged By Hatred, Is A Fragile Thing At Best" -Darth Traya

"Time To Die Bug Face" -Darth Revan

OK I dont know where you got your info on Nihilus but his mask is not a wookie skull sorry.
    As for a mask for this costume I made mine in three steps 1.clay sculpt 2.silicon mold 3. fiberglass reproduction. Then I destroyed the mold. There are only two of my mask hanging around. Try to sculpt yours, you may shock yourself on what you can do. goodluck
    Sith Happens

alright sorry, im a bit confused though, so those 3 steps are for making 1 mask? or did you make 3 masks using those methods (individually) and threw away the mold one because it didnt turn out right? again, sorry im new to the costuming thing.
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

Ok that is for making one mask but once you get to the silicon mold stage and ready to cast a mask you can keep using the same mold over and over also you have to keep in mind if you work with a silicon mold you need to use a release agent for it or the mold could start to tare good luck also I made only two of mine I want it to be unique
    Sith Happens

cool thanks man, ill be going to the local craft store tomorrow to pick up the sculpting clay. is there any specific type of silicon that i should use when making the mold? and ill also check some books out at the library for more details on tecniques for clay sculpting lol.. and as far as the fiberglass reproduction... how do i go about doing that? where should i get the fiberglass and is there any specific kind i should keep an eye out for? again thanks for your advice.

Silicon go to smooth-on.com and look up oo-moo30 silicon and the fiberglass you can pickup a kit from walmart you would lay down some resin than laydown some of the fiberglass mat then some more resin then fiberglass you have to build it in layers at least six to get a goid solid mask also when your at smooth-on read some of their stuff and read all warnings especialy the fiberglass
    Sith Happens