I can solder EL Wire no trouble, but I'm having a devil of a time finding anyone who's successfully re-soldered a section (partially because it seems noone can agree on what to call the stuff!). Had a break in the middle, cut off the broken section...now neither part works. Might try cutting a bit more off and sealing it, hopefully the ambient moisture didn't get Too far in...but can I salvage the Other part, the part Without copper leads? It's parallel plate EL...
Here's the situation; I got a length of EL Film (EL Foil, EL Tape, Backlight Panel, whatever you wanna call it), but it was way too long and not wide enough. So I folded it twice - no trouble there, still functioning fine, and at this point it kinda coils around one and a half times; there's a section facing the wrong direction but no big deal, a bit of duck tape, a bit of swallowing my pride over the inefficiency of it all, but it fits the panel I'm trying to light (the buttons pad for a power glove, incidentally). I go to screw it all together...and it won't fit. I readjust a few times, and it sorta snaps in the middle; now it's sparking at the break, and only lighting up the first section intermittently. So I cut off trouble part, it works fine for a few seconds and dies; the rest of the EL Wire before and aft of the intersection works fine so I'm not worried about the inverter...I hear moisture's a problem so, as I previously stated, I'll try trimming and sealing, possibly baking the moisture out if all else fails. But http://www.luminousfilm.com/el_lamp.htm says you can apply power to the copper power bus along the side...I don't see one and I'm hoping they don't mean the end that already has a lead hooked up...

Anyone have any experience with this?