Thread: Got a Graflex and a Heiland, no what?

Default Got a Graflex and a Heiland, no what?

I hav a Graflex and Heiland, though the Heiland needs a clamp. Trying to find one cheap, the cheapest I've seen is $30 (and is Park even in business anymore? they don't return emails and their section leads you to two different places, one for $30, one for $35), and I'm not sure a replica will fit an original.

Also, how do you guys drill and measure for your grips, etc? I don't have any metal working skills.

Here are some pics of what I picked up.

http://imgur.com/a/YwhXV

Wondering what all I need to be accurate. Thanks!

Hi.

Please read through all the stickies, as they will answer a lot of questions you might have, then read some more, as previously posted threads will have many of the answers the stickies do not cover.

I have nothing specific to help you with your generic request for information about what you need to "be accurate", but I'm sure someone will come along with the expertise and time to explain in detail for you, even though several accurate Graflex/Heiland builds have been completed and explained in detail on these very forums.

Parks is a separate company, so while some members might have information about that business, this might not be the best place to look for specifics.
    Last edited by (null).exe; 06-25-2011 at 10:49 PM. Reason: clarifying my post, as the easily offended were easily offended
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Hmm, so despite being a public forum, I'm only allowed to get information on items provided by this company, and I'm not allowed to discuss anything else, even if this company doesn't provide the specific parts I need? And I'm told to "read more" about the generalities of these items, when I have questions about my specific builds and what they need to be complete? I don't believe I'll be ordering anything from CSS, thanks.

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

you can DISCUSS the parts and how to use them etc... just not the buying/selling/trading of said parts...

as for the grips, there's a template... Sloth or Wade or someone else will need to chime in on that one though...
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_goodbomb View Post
    Hmm, so despite being a public forum, I'm only allowed to get information on items provided by this company, and I'm not allowed to discuss anything else, even if this company doesn't provide the specific parts I need? And I'm told to "read more" about the generalities of these items, when I have questions about my specific builds and what they need to be complete? I don't believe I'll be ordering anything from CSS, thanks.
    Hi Veers,

1. Grow up. I wasn't attacking you personally, nor was I attempting to "censor" your questions. I mis-read your initial post and thought you were asking about buying a Parks clamp. Tim offers many replica or similar versions of the parts you were looking for, so I simply intended to mildly caution you against linking Parks products over here.

2. Yes, you were told to read more, as screen-accurate builds have been covered in great detail in multiple threads, both on here and on FX. A quick use of the Search function would be sufficient to find them on either forum.

3. Since you already opened this thread (http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=31328.0) on FX 2 days ago, asking these same questions, questions that were answered quite thoroughly by Luke, I don't know why you even opened this thread.

That being said, I edited my inital post, just for you. Enjoy.
    When your lightsabers gutter and die in your hands,
    your blaster packs run dry of charge,
    your words of power dry up in your throat and I am still standing,
    what will you do then?

Ibtl?
    seriously dude. Did you read the forum rules at all?
    Congrats on theflash handles though. Im almost certain i will be getting one soon myself. Woohoo!
    you going with a fully loaded build with crystal focus? Petit crouton? Throw us a bone here!
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)