Thread: Someone using my nickname on the WWW

Thumbs down Someone using my nickname on the WWW

Yes..

Yesterday I was bored, and because of that, I decided to try googling my nickname. (Rafalema)

Well, I wasn't very pleased with what I found. It seems that someone has made some accounts to few illegal torrent-download sites.

I think that this is very sad cause I want to have a good name wherever I go, and in some forums, there might be some people that have been in contact with 'fake' Rafalema and will hate me if the fake has said something bad to them.

It happens,

there is a whole mess of people on this here interweb. I am sure there are people out there using my screen names as well
    -Sidd-

Look, Raf, there are 6 000 000 000 people on the planet. Let's say about 4 000 000 000 have access to the internet, 3 000 000 000 are 'savvy' with the net.

I'd wager there were at least a few hundred people going around the web with Rafalema as their name, you're just one. Its like saying I want to copyright the name Scott and nobody is allowed to call their child Scott from now on without my express permission.

It can't be stopped

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Master

You know what they say.

If there are 6 000 000 000 people in the world, and someone says that you are one in a million, that means that there are 6000 people just like you.

There are 7,000,000,000 people now...but I doubt that 4,000,000,000 have Net access...most people in the World are still poor.

I feel for you though Rafalema...I've had the same thing happen with my other online identity/username which is a transliterated combination of latinized greek and olde english so I figured unlikely anyone else would think of and use it...no such luck though.

You are right to be concerned that your reputation doesnt get sullied by someone else using the same username because I've had that happen...worse thing was that the 'impostor' using 'my' other username 'chatted up' my objet d'amour on Yahoo with it

I only found out there was another person using my username on Yahoo because she broke an appointment with another friend to talk to 'me' and my friend told me about that...gawd knows what the impostor said to her cause she was mad at me afterwards but I told her I didn't even have a Yahoo account and we made up eventually...internet impostors are not cool...but hard to do anything about.

Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris

if anyone uses my name for SWTOR I will hunt them down and ping them to death MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Embracing Immense Passion You Will Find the Peace You Seek.Grey Jedi Master Jase Kala Maris