Thread: Star Wars in HD

Default Star Wars in HD

Watching Star Wars EP 1,2, and 3 on Spike in HD for the first time. Makes a great movie even better.

No doubt...I just caught RotS yesterday. Man, lightsabers look awesome in HD. Time for GL to get with it and put these out on Blu Ray!

Steve Sansweet has said it will be out "In the not to distance future."

Unless I'm mistaken, I wouldn't exactly call it "HD". I've seen the movies on Spike and they really look no different than the dvd's played on an dvd up-converter (which I have).

While it certainly looks nicer, I won't consider it "HD" until the BluRay release...whenever that is. Who knows? Maybe GL has been taking all this time to rework the prequels as a "3D Special Edition" *laughs*

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeslinger View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, I wouldn't exactly call it "HD". I've seen the movies on Spike and they really look no different than the dvd's played on an dvd up-converter (which I have).

While it certainly looks nicer, I won't consider it "HD" until the BluRay release...whenever that is. Who knows? Maybe GL has been taking all this time to rework the prequels as a "3D Special Edition" *laughs*
    dude the 3-D editions would be soooo sick! It would be like experincing the whole thing all over again! imo anyways hehe

Maybe they can edit out Jar Jar in the new release.....and edit out the stupid 2 headed pod racer announcer...and re-cast Anakin...and.....oh never mind....
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Actually, there was an announcement a few years back that GL wanted to do the entire saga in 3D, releasing one film every 6 months or one film a year.

I'd love to see it, personally...but first give me the Blu Ray versions!