Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Hilt built!

Youngling

so the more and more I think about this today..... cause my mind goes crazy while Im at work.....the more Im inclined to take the maglite guts out and install a LED kit from TCSS, the only thing I have a question with is how do I mount the LED Star inside the tube> how do I get it to stay in place?

Having never used a maglite i may be missing something, but you would probably have to do something custom as the MHS parts are made for this, maglites are not.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Maybe a sinktube blade holder would fit or could be fitted.
    or...a maglite blade holder!

Youngling

custom heatsink and mounting check and figured out.

now i just have to get the LED kit.

Youngling

so its complete,!!!!!

I just need to get a second blade!!! these pics are with the trans white blade, that I cut down to fit my sons saber (my first build) so its way shorter than I would like.

I went with a custom heatsink and mounting inside the maglite, you can see from the pic, the LED is set behind the original button hole. so the button hole lights up as well.

it is a LUX 1 RED LED Star

SO EXCITED

Looks pretty good!
    I like the final design for the emitter shroud. Tre chic.

I would recommend putting something in that hole, though, to protect the lens. It appears to be open to the elements and having that there would bother me.

Secondly, I'd recommend an upgrade to a Lux III or P4 in the near future. The Lux I red is nice, but not nice enough for a hilt like that.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Cool. I agree on the emitter shroud and the hole above the lens. I'd be worried about blinding myself. I'd glue in a piece of nylon. It would light up nicely. Not too crazy about the toggle switch. The other side looked really cool from what I saw before. You should show us the other side too.

Personally I would have started with a mag light blade holder and customized that. You'd have way less holes and bolts.

Nice! I like the deep blade socket, very secure for your kid!

I like how you've just jumped into the building, and haven't even needed to use MHS to make an awesome saber! I am looking forward to seeing your future builds.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Banned Sith Lord

did i see a toggle switch?

you know what they say, everytime someone uses a toggle switch....

domo kun eats a kitten.

Youngling

ohhh that hurt, but then again Im deathly allergic to cat...... so I dont care!!!

i think the switch fits the saber nicely!