Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: FX-Sabers Technical difficulties

Those forums have a size limit on uploaded avatars...they should be 80 x 80 pixels, or they won't upload. The same applies for linking to off-site avatars, like those hosted on photobucket. Signature files are also to be no larger than 300 x 150 pixels. If you're linking to an off site avatar or signature image, use the [ img ] tags (without the spaces), not the url link.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I used photobucket img link no spaces and it's 80 x 80 max...no luck

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    I used photobucket img link no spaces and it's 80 x 80 max...no luck
    Send me the link to the image and I'll see if I can do anything for you.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kel-Qui View Post
    Matt if you sig was animated then it would have been removed as Yoda changed it so that the only people that could have animations are the FX staff and manufacturers it's a shame as I really liked my animated sig . I never checked if we can have animated sigs here or not?
    TCSS doesn't accept animated GIFs. Come to think of it, though, I may never have gotten around to putting an image in my fx-sabers sig in the first place. I wonder if they changed the rule because of potential Trojan Horse problems, or because all those animated sigs were triggering epileptic fits throughout the saber community. I actually prefer it this way; they were pretty hard on the eyes. It was almost like one of those SPAM sites with dozens of blinking banners vying for attention. Sometimes, less bling is better.

EDIT: As I typed the above, Jay posted a reply...with an animated GIF in the sig. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 06-01-2010 at 08:59 AM.
    There's always a bigger fish.

The issue with the animated sigs there was pretty simple....nothing technical, although some of them were fairly large files and did slow the forums down a bit for some people, but it was mainly so the Staff member's signatures would stand out more on the screen from the regular members'. Yoda's original intention for the site, actually.

The forums at FX are having some issues. The admins are aware of the problem and are working on it.
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

Quote Originally Posted by Roy's Blues View Post
    The forums at FX are having some issues. The admins are aware of the problem and are working on it.
    Dude, what is up with your sig?!? Totally hilarious but soooo wrong!! LOL

Sorry, that was OT... noticed the problems on FX. Glad to hear they're working on it.
    LOCKHEED

It appears that the forums are down again... anyone know what's up?

I'm getting a "Database Error" everytime I try to access them.

I keep getting the error 'these are not the boards you are looking for'

no but seriously, its down for me too. Looks like its going to be a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by nartules View Post
    I keep getting the error 'these are not the boards you are looking for'

no but seriously, its down for me too. Looks like its going to be a few days.
    Why a few days?

Most database errors are fixed from 5 mins to a couple hours... unless their moving hosts/servers.
    Corbin_Das: If I got a tattoo below my waist, it'd say "Found someone you have I would say, hmmmm?"