Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Video of combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic

Youngling

Default Video of combat in Star Wars: The Old Republic

Looking very nice and balanced:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...tar-wars/64689

Everyone gets something cool and useful from the video, not just Sith and Jedi.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

I can only imagine the system requirments for this one.

The various character choices are nice but I hate MMOs and compared to other new games the graphics don't look to good. When I buy a game I wanna own it and be able to play by myself or a few close friends without having to go online.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I agree with Crystal on those same points.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Youngling

Note that its still a year+ out from release (Spring/Summer 2011), so graphics should be updated and nice and pretty by that point.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

i've never liked MMOs because it just never suited my style of game play. I do agree with Crystal on this one. I also agree with dakam on the point that the game is still aways from being completed so we might get a graphics boost. Still I'm avoiding it even if I could do the it's my story kinda thing.
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    The various character choices are nice but I hate MMOs and compared to other new games the graphics don't look to good. When I buy a game I wanna own it and be able to play by myself or a few close friends without having to go online.
    Seriously.... it kind of annoys me that when a game comes out that REALLY starts to capture SW and make playing it fun...it has to be a stupid MMO... BAH!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Dakarn View Post
    Note that its still a year+ out from release (Spring/Summer 2011), so graphics should be updated and nice and pretty by that point.
    I'm pretty sure they've found their artistic direction and aren't likely to change it again. They are going the WoW route and using cartoonish graphics. At least they got rid of the Pringles can lightsabers they were initially going to use.

Still, I pretty much gave up MMOs when my daughter was born. They waste too much time that I could use actually enjoying myself or spending time with the family.

I'm with the consensus on this one. Meh.

And don't forget the monthly to play online fee.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)