Thread: us 2.5 and tri rebel.

Default us 2.5 and tri rebel.

Hello. Just wondering if anyone ever attempted to power up u.s. with tri rebels and 3 li ions before. I saw a person do 3 li ions with a lux v but was only on for 10 seconds. I tried it with 2 li ions but wasn't happy with it plus I don't want to destroy it. Any input would be appreciated.... but if no one stops me I'm going to just try it out of curiousity. thank you. Another thing sabersound for that matter, anyone tried the setup above with that ?

The specs are in the listing
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Ul...d-25-P472.aspx

here's the important part
    Battery input voltage:
    Maximum for board = 9.6V

3.6v x 3 = 10.8

Li-ions actually hold more than 3.6v. I've used 2 with a full charge, and metered them at 8.2v
    butthurtz is a path to the darkside.
    Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to butthurtz. Butthurtz leads to suffering

scary...I used 6V for a blue P4 with a US 2.5 and it overheated pretty bad so I went to 4.8V which was great. The specs on US2.5's power usage isn't so accurate. If I remember correctly...only give it 1V more then the LED requires.

You could, but you wouldn't be able to give it the full juice. If you run them in parallel, you will be looking at 3.7V @ 1500mA (K2 mode), you'd be out by a good 600mA but it would be very bright never the less (Dependant on the optics supplied) when life lets me keep my money for once, I'll be trying some of these theories out.

The other issue is each mode has a fixed output voltage, so giving a Tri-Rebel 9.6V isn't really feasible but saying that these LED's are pretty simple to use with something like a Corbin + MR board set up (Regulate the Voltage going to the MR board). Until we get a soundboard + driver board that can dance in the 7V-16V range, using parallel OR simpler means of getting Sun bright sabers is really the only choice
    Last edited by Malaki Skywalker; 04-22-2010 at 11:13 AM.

I don't know...

If your NEW to TCSS READ HERE!! >>>>> http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...d=1#post108682