Thread: My first hardware saber

Default My first hardware saber

This is a saber I designed for my sith character and built a few years ago. It's non functional. I'd love to remake it to at least take an led blade but I don't have the first clue about electronics.

Is that a sink tube?
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

yup. The black shroud is PVC and painted.

I wold look to the sotre front that is attached to these forums.. and looking into getting some things.. bladeholder and led/heatsink kit perhaps..

are you looking for sound..or just a light up stunt saber?

I really would just like it to light up. Unfortunately the MHS blade holders don't really work for my design. My biggest problem though is electronics and wiring. I have no idea what a heat sink is for or any of that. So I have always just stuck to making non functional prop hilts.

you need a 1.5 sinktube to MHS parts adapter
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MH...ter--P162.aspx

look at 3rd pic to see it with an MHS bladeholder..

you coudl then just use this:
    http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Sc...e-1--P183.aspx

or any blade holder you want.. but one liek this will fit INSIDE yoru sinktube..so you can seat it deeper. so you dont have to see if you dont wish too..

then all you need is this:

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Bu...-Kit-P469.aspx

and you'll have a fully lit, with blade stunt saber (no sound)..

of coure if you want more optns..its more money.. such as adding an LED driver for flicker/pulse effects...and fade up/down effects...

etc..etc..etc

Banned Sith Lord

well TCSS has everything you need to know. read away bro.

nice saber to its actually a cool twist for a vader style saber.

One of these days when I have more time I might get around to trying to add lights and/or sound after doing some reading. I have to build a whole new one as this one is only a 1.25" diameter, but I can make some revisions and work slower.

This first one I really did it on the fly, the design coming together as I was building it. And as such, I made some mistakes. The one screw holding the switch box on is completely stripped. I used a wooden dowel inside for something to screw into and I totally didn't think to drill pilot holes at first.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    nice saber to its actually a cool twist for a vader style saber.
    Thanks, I always liked Vader's saber and as I was playing around with the pieces before deciding how to cut them I came up with the idea to have the tube out further than the shroud.