Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Jay-gon Jinn's Nickel Saber 1 (NS-01)

A refreshing step away from your usual style. I have to say, the Nickel finish is VERY nice, though it's too bad the powder coating can't achieve a "brushed" look as well. The clashing textures really stand out to me.

Over all though, Amazing saber. Good work!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    wow jay gon i love your new style. its kind of refreshing to see something new and fresh from you. not saying your last sabers were not nice they were friggin awesome! its just more awe and wonder to see some fresh new design style.

i have to say the nickel is my personal favorite out of the 50+ sabers that you have made. i love it. it almost looks like brushed steel.

you know jay gon. you may ask to see if tim would possibly machine you single piece pommels that just slide in and are held together with three or four bolts for all of your builds (kinda like the way the adapter is held on). might clean them up a little and also give tim a new product he may stock. . this way it would eliminate: MHS sinktube adapter with custom machine work to fit inside your sinktubes, MHS pommel, MPS insert, and clip. plus save time because he wouldnt have to deal with threading and stuff. then you, jay, could easily drill your own sound holes.

food for thought. but once again nice work and i love this,
    That would be fine DJ, if Tim were doing custom parts...remember, he will only modify existing ones. Besides, the style 1 pommel would fit inside one of these after having Tim turn it down to 1.43" o.d. I'd just have to use the more expensive 12" version of this sinktube for that.

There's another reason that I use this type of sinktube as well guys....I can fit a stacked 4-AA battery pack in there:

I have to make a custom speaker mount/resonator, but that's easy to do. This saves a ton of space, while allowing longer run times than if this saber were a sleeved full MHS type, which would require using a 4-AAA holder. To use the other stick-type 4-AA holder in an MHS sleeve type saber would've added another 2" of length, and it is already at 12 5/8".

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Banned Sith Lord

yeah i have found that those types of AA holders fit like a dream inside
    TCSS sinktubes. almost like they were meant for it. its what i did for the Moonbeam.

thats a cool set up there jay gon. i like it.

Those holders are a tight fit in the 20ga tubes I use for the brass series and now the Nickel series, so that's what the "pull wire" in the speaker resonator is for. I also trim the divider tabs out of the battery holder, too.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK, I gotta ask, How do you keep the speaker assembly mounted to the battery pack?

I have been using hot glue, but it keeps popping off...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    OK, I gotta ask, How do you keep the speaker assembly mounted to the battery pack?

I have been using hot glue, but it keeps popping off...
    High-Temp hot glue. I also used my rotary tool to carve a recession in the pvc for the speaker so it fit flush and was able to get the glue to adhere to both the back of the speaker and the edges of the pvc resonator. I have had a few saber with this style of battery pack come apart, but it's usually an easy fix. I'm going to be switching to a different type of glue for this style of pack. I'll let you know if it works out.

yeah, you don't want hotglue leaking into your battery pack...it's not good. I got just a little bit that came through the holes to the connection and when I plugged it on the charger it melted the battery pack.