Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: TCSS Translucent white 3/4" blade v. 1" UltraEdge blade

My results were similar...it does fade without film/polyp but it carries the colour nicely. The only reason you'd wanna sand them, even a thick walled is too knock out any other light shining on the outer tube. I'll post some pics soon too. I just wish I could show how it looks in what might be my contest saber.

Is it possible to get matching tips? The other ones work ok with the new blades but that would be awesome! I took some test pics with a smaller mirror and you can only see the mirror on a few angles. Otherwise in some pics the tip blends in.

I'd hate to see the other blades phased out but I think these will bring more business from those who buy blades from the competitors. I could see myself using either depending on the colour LED but I have to test them out more.

For a fair comparison to ultra I think it would be best if we could see them with the same size blade and with all of the other specs the same too.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 04-29-2010 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    For a fair comparison to ultra I think it would be best if we could see them with the same size blade and with all of the other specs the same too.
    I plan on doing that when my next order arrives....should be over the weekend.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I plan on doing that when my next order arrives....should be over the weekend.
    Sweet! I was waiting to here some feedback on these blades before I purchased a few...

OK, same saber, same specs. No diffuser in the blade I just cut it down to 32". Thin walled 1". I was right about cutting down the 10". Light goes to the top with no diffusser. Very awesome blade stock.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I built and tested a 36" long 1" thin walled tonight as well and was very impressed with how well it lit up. Anyone try the thick walled yet?
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I got the thick walled...I mean what wall?..lol Can't see the tube at all.

36" thickwalled cyan lux3 resistor 3/4 mirror in tip. No film or polyp. I blacked out the hilt because it's not finished. That makes 4 now. lol I'm not sure how charged the batteries are. I'll charge them and update this post if it differs. I'll also try to post up pics with other LEDs too.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 04-30-2010 at 08:28 AM.

I got my thin-walled stock yesterday. I pieced one together using just the stock tube and a blade tip, without a diffuser, and although it lit very well, I didn't like the transparent look it had. I could see the mirror on the tip, and also the bright spot at the emitter where the led is. I'll still be using blade film in mine.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I have a 1' thinwall on the way.... I was thinking about 4 feet of polyp... I figured that should be good since its already diffused a bit... I'll post up a pic later this week, when I get it built....

Quote Originally Posted by Jin Ke View Post
    I have a 1' thinwall on the way.... I was thinking about 4 feet of polyp... I figured that should be good since its already diffused a bit... I'll post up a pic later this week, when I get it built....
    Looking forward to seeing your results as this was my thought as well.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

sub to post.. interested in results too.