Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Another new user checking in

Default Another new user checking in

Well, where can I begin? Call me Yoshi-Taka or Yoshi, whatever works for you. Honestly, I'm just a fan of the films and a few of the games and after finding the shop/forum, I'm looking to delve a bit deeper (just like old times).

I've been messing around with the MHS builder and I've got a few simple designs in mind. I'm not a big fan of anything real extravagant, really; basic main body, an extension or choker, cool blade holder and a pommel that compliments the whole thing (and has a ring, obviously). A few (tons of) O-rings never hurt either.

I'll probably build a couple basic hilts before bothering with the electronics. I have to ask, though: in terms of the hilt, is it really just screwing the parts together and it's done? I mean, without bothering with using blades, is it really that easy? Because if it is, I'll be building a lot of them. lol

Anyway, I'm done ranting. I'm hoping to have some fun here and basic on other warm welcomes I've read, I expect that I will.

First of all, welcome to the forums!

If you are only going to build static props, then Yes, you only screw 'em together and you're done!

Though I recommend first building a stunt saber (LED/Light only) using this tutorial:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ht=build+saber

It is not hard, and it IS VERY rewarding when the blade lights up.

Of course, it is your choice, will you make a stunt, static prop or a saber with sound, I recommend starting with the stunt.

You're probably right, at least with the stunt and the reward. I guess it's a good way to get started into it.

Where can I go to view the different blade colors? I'd like to see the options (and if I see a pink one, I'm never leaving this forum).

This section of the forums should give you pretty good picture of what kind of blades are available:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...splay.php?f=27

(Pink/Purple is so far only achieveable with RGBLED, or white LED with color disks to my knowledge.)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Pink is actually VERY easy to get, and I wouldn't bother with the color discs. Welcome, and do LOTS of reading, you'll find more info than you can digest in this place. Raf' is right, you will find that a simple stunt is VERY rewarding, and quite easy to do. I would start with those as a set up from simple static props. You'll find that you will never go back once you have one lit up for the first time

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    This section of the forums should give you pretty good picture of what kind of blades are available:

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...splay.php?f=27

(Pink/Purple is so far only achieveable with RGBLED, or white LED with color disks to my knowledge.)
    Alrighty, I'll give that a read.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Pink is actually VERY easy to get, and I wouldn't bother with the color discs. Welcome, and do LOTS of reading, you'll find more info than you can digest in this place. Raf' is right, you will find that a simple stunt is VERY rewarding, and quite easy to do. I would start with those as a set up from simple static props. You'll find that you will never go back once you have one lit up for the first time
    How would you recommend I do a pink blade, then?
    EDIT: Nevermind, I see now.

One last question before I start exploring the forum:
    If I have a finished stunt saber (that just hilt with an LED blade, right? Just wanna make sure I get my terminology right), how difficult is it to go in and add the parts for sound? I have a feeling that if I do make a stunt saber, I'm gonna freak out and go 'oh man, gotta add sound, this is awesome!'

Council Member
    Jedi Master

not hard at all. Once you have light, do lots of reading on doing a saber with sound and you'll get it figured out.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Sounds good.

Is there I place I can read up on the RBG LED? The sooner I get this pink blade situation figured out, the better (so that I can Ctrl+D it).

Depends on the RGB. So far the brightest RGB LED is LEDening 10 W RGB. I do not know which model, and what you are going to read depends of that..

(RGB=Red-Green-Blue, seperate dies, you need Blue-Red set-up for purple just in case you didn't know.. [+ white one for CLASH FLASH])

Council Member
    Jedi Master

That's a bit advanced Raf'. The most common RGB is the Prolight 3W RGB and is plenty bright and can work with any soundboard where as the LEDengin 10W can only work well with the CF (clash flash and such) and stunt set up without clash/flash.

The long and short of it is, if you want Pink (or magenta as us manly types call it) you simple wire the red and blue dice in parallel and you will get the brightest and best shade of Pi...er...Magenta that you could imagine.

For explanations on parallel VS. series wiring....well, that's what the reading is for

GET LATHED!