Thread: Hello from Australia

Default Hello from Australia

Hi everybody

I'm Simmo in Australia and I must say what a great forum you have here! Lots of great info, I've been filling my head with knowledge. I only own 2 sabers so far, an old vacuum tube graflex-wannabe that I built in my early teens which at the time I loved and still have a soft spot for hehe, and a Luke ESB/ANH hybrid original Graflex that I've wanted since I was a kid

It's not got the mylar tape yet as I'm waiting to buy a new clamp to replace the rusted one.

I'm currently looking at putting an LED in there for now and I definitely want to add sound later on down the line.

Hope to see you around!

Default Were R U

Hi Simmo, another Aussie noobie here, where in Oz do you hale from?
    With the Blast Shield down I can't even see.. how am I supposed to fight

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It might be a while before he sees your question. He hasn't logged on here since Feb., according to his profile.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default Whoops

Yeah, thanks, I guess that's the problem with forums. You get involved in the conversation and forget to check the last postings. Just another thing to get used to for a noob. I have spotted a couple of other Aussies on the forum.

On a happier note, I am putting together my first MHS saber list today ready for ordering.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Being new to this site, I suggest you post your list, before you place your order, for the more experienced members to look over, so we can be sure you've got everything you need and not have something on it that you don't need.

Start a new thread about it in the Parts Lists forum.

And posting a render from the MHS builder of what you want to make, also helps.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/mhsbuilder/

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Thanks Jedi Loreen, I plan to post the list and a pic from the MHS builder showing the parts plus dremelled sink tube design before I order. I am just doing some last minute reading on Li-ion battery pack so I get the correct parts in the list (hopefully). I will be ordering some extra parts as initially I will be making a simple electronics version with a buck puck or LED driver, and hopefully upgrade later if I can grab one of the new CF v5 boards when they are released.
    I have metalwork and electronics experience from my days in the electronics industry before I moved to IT, but have never made up a Li-ion pack before, only Ni-Cad. I'll post it in the Noob area.