Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee filters Info and Q & A.

<s>I have requested mine today, hoping for reply...</s>

I have recieved a reply to my email today, So i sent her the email with my mailing adress and asked for info on master swatch book.
    --We Foolz her precious, yesss wez did didnts we--

well, considering the kind of business that Lee Filters probably does, sending out samples to them is probably just in their marketing budget.

*ahhh...my leee swatchbooook....my precious......*

"This is U.S. history, I can see the globe right over there..."

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It's about time... I finally got mine. They sent me the "designer's" swatch book as I requested it as an architecture student... Oh well, it includes the numeric edition too so it's all cool.[8D]

Now to milk the full worth out I'm going to have to get one of those K2's Do-Clo pointed out to me. www.ledsupply.com put some K2's on star mounts... unfortunately their all the low current bins, but they have the high bin white. 140 lumens of White here I come![]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Xwing, I didn't see any thing on the difference between the two bin's. Can you explain for me? Is there a different power supply set up or just a brightness difference?

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Well, ledsupply doesn't give any explaination or specs for it... but as I pointed out to Do-Clo that he missed was the lowest K2 blue only puts out 16 lumens compared to a 3W blue that is 30 lumens.

I'm not sure the exact explaination but based on the manufacturing process I'd guess it's a quality issue. Each is scanned and catagorized for color, so it's probably a good assumption that they are checked for quality too. The higher binned ones can handle more amperage. For example the top binned Blue can take 1500ma to get 35lm, but the middle bin is the 700ma (like the low binned one) and puts out 26lm.[?]

Comparing the two whites at ledsupply are low to high: 700ma and 75lm vs. 1500ma and 130lm. The next top binned white K2 (which they don't have) is 140lm.

Needless to say I'll be watching to see what else they come with because if they get more of the high current ones, especially in the blues and green, we wouldn't have to worry about mounting them anymore and getting more light with the hassle of a 5W.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Yea I read too many spec sheets and over looked the low rating but it will be interesting to se what it looks like in a hilt. Led Supply ships fast by USPS, I placed my order thursday and I got it in the mail today. I will have to wait until some more stuff comes in before I build them up into sabers. I have a custom saber order to build first, a 5 watt cyan with sound, that sucker is going to be bright.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

what sound board ya usin do-clo?

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Here are some pics of Lee filters with a white 130 lumens K2 Here is 767 beside a red/orange 3watt their bright

just got my lee filters in the mail today. ill try to post pics of some with my white 3w when i get the time.

Threepio: Artoo suggests that if you remove the restraining bolt, he might be able to play back the entire recording. Luke: Do I look that stupid?

-- "Little things that could have changed the universe"

BTW, are you using special optics for the k2's?

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku