Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Lee filters Info and Q & A.

And by the way Darth C... you're not an idiot! Don't say that!

Everyone makes mistakes. I counted at least 10 in the BOP II footage from BayCon...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I still have not managed to get a swatchbook in Canada.

I'm moving soon, I'll try again with the new address.
    -Mars

Embrace the luxeon side of the Force... to bring light, into lightsabers

gearing up for My Chemical Romance on July 19th!!!

yeah i know, i use it all the time. Just didn't feel like it.
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

A while back on another topic I discussed the possibility of a dual colored blade by using a dual tube design with two lee filters on a white LED. The main filter would be shaped like a doughnut with a secondary filter filling in the doughnut hole. The result would hopefully be that the inner tube is a slightly different color than the outer tube. I haven't been able to test this, however, because I don't own a dual tube blade.

Anyway, I just had an idea a few minutes ago about a way to create a WHITE CORED BLADE using this same method. Suppose the outer doughnut filter was red, and the inner filter was blue/green. Where these colors overlap you should have rgb light combining to form white light, while still having a red halo of light surrounding the inner tube. Perhaps after work I will draw up a diagram to explain what I mean, but I'm already late as it is. Let me know what you think.

gearing up for My Chemical Romance on July 19th!!!

true, i guess i'm not, i do to many many many stupid things though. the prime example would be that at age 7 i drank battery acid because i thought it was water.. (talk about stupid) miraculously i was unaffected by it.
    If you are reading this sig, then please pay attention to the following statement:

The owner of this account is now using the name "Jacen_Aurion" sorry to confuse everyone but I'm no sith lord by any means.

I AM A JEDI!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TimeRender
    A while back on another topic I discussed the possibility of a dual colored blade by using a dual tube design with two lee filters on a white LED. The main filter would be shaped like a doughnut with a secondary filter filling in the doughnut hole. The result would hopefully be that the inner tube is a slightly different color than the outer tube. I haven't been able to test this, however, because I don't own a dual tube blade.

Anyway, I just had an idea a few minutes ago about a way to create a WHITE CORED BLADE using this same method. Suppose the outer doughnut filter was red, and the inner filter was blue/green. Where these colors overlap you should have rgb light combining to form white light, while still having a red halo of light surrounding the inner tube. Perhaps after work I will draw up a diagram to explain what I mean, but I'm already late as it is. Let me know what you think.
    I tried that about a year ago on a white 3w with a light filter of purple/violet/pinkish/whatever... basically tried drilling a hole in the center of one of the TCSS plastic discs... and then a myriad of other things such as a sort of "array" of smaller holes in the center...

It KIND OF worked, but the brightness was awful. So, I had to sack the idea of giving Siah (Sihdaestra in BOP I) a purple/violet blade.

What I SHOULD have done--is have gone royal blue and prayed for the "deeper" royal blues. Combine that with the right diffuser film and it'd be passable.

Or... try the Lee Filters. Timerender... good luck with it, tell me how it turns out... wasn't effective from the ways I tried it.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

i have a set i'm not gonna use mars if your interested when you move and get no replies

BLUE 3- Ready

i got mine like a year back, and it took them a week to send.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar
    I tried that about a year ago on a white 3w with a light filter of purple/violet/pinkish/whatever... basically tried drilling a hole in the center of one of the TCSS plastic discs... and then a myriad of other things such as a sort of "array" of smaller holes in the center...

It KIND OF worked, but the brightness was awful. So, I had to sack the idea of giving Siah (Sihdaestra in BOP I) a purple/violet blade.

What I SHOULD have done--is have gone royal blue and prayed for the "deeper" royal blues. Combine that with the right diffuser film and it'd be passable.

Or... try the Lee Filters. Timerender... good luck with it, tell me how it turns out... wasn't effective from the ways I tried it.
    That's not exactly what I'm talking about. I don't just mean poking holes in the middle of a filter, I mean poking holes and then filling them with another filter. Using a red blade as an example, the outer tube would be red and the inner tube would be blue-green. Where the blue green and the red overlap at the center of the blade the light should appear white, but the rest of the outer blade will be red. I'll try drawing it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Even with a dual tube the poking holes is very difficult. Due to the beam no being straight (angled by the lens) the colors will not blend as nicely as you think. Stuff at the edge matter much less while the center is super important.
    RED LEADER Standing by!