Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee filters Info and Q & A.

I have a 10 LED flash light that runs of 3 D-cell batteries and will stay on for a month before it kills them. And that was before the Lithiums went on the market! If you put them in it you may never need to change them! lol

I've had it now for about 4yrs. and I have never changed the batteries in it.

It's not the brightest, (that's what my $100 rechargable MagLight is for... [B)] The same one the cops use.[]) but it always works. (And you don't have to worry about loosing the charger for it when you move, rendering it usless...[!])

Just thought I'd share that.[]

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Any more filter pics? I'm getting excited, I just ordered my saber today (not from TCSS sorry) and my K2 should be here soon

'Your swords please, we wouldn't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.' -Count Dooku

hmmm i didnt get the filters in the mail yet

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

yeah but who wants a fan in their saber?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

i have a fan for my 5 watt saber. it's a tiny fan from a pc.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

cant u use a normal heatsink for a 5 watt led? like a heatsink made up of washers

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

cant u use a normal heatsink for a 5 watt led? like a heatsink made up of washers

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes, but it'd have to be big. I'll put this in perspective: Tim's normal blade holder heatsink combo is not enough. You need to add a 1" finned heatsink if you are using a sink tube and NEED the ribbed extension if going MHS.

If possible since a washer one is not as good (not solid), perhaps get copper washers? I'm not sure if they'd carry threaded rods or bolts in copper.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

well, i did get my filters in the mail early this week. i already used one out of it. the white diffuser for the red rocker that come with my portumac rots lightboard kit. now i just have to save up a bit, and get me a white lux to try these filters out on. id like to try the lux 5 or a k2. i dont care bout the sound on this one, so i can run right off the resistor and batteries.

i just wonder tho, on the lux 5 just how much heatsinking id have to have if all i run was the batteries, resistor, and switch?
    would tims stock holder be enough, i wonder?

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

I built a 5 watt using Tim's holder and a Luxdrive led driver and it worked great, no problems with heat.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Just received my filters. I kept mailing mail@leefilters.com for some reason. Than, they told me to ask the same request to sales@leefilters.com I can't wait to pop it into my k2. Still waiting for the optics and holder.

Quick question, does the filter go in the blade, or do you slip it in between the blade and led like Tims color disks? Its a slip of transluscent paper so I thought you slip it in the blade itself. Right?

"There is no try, only dew" (do)

-Jedi Master Yoda
    Essence of the Force

The filter is a small peice of material, I put mine right on top of the optics so that it doesn't move or you could put it in the base of the blade holder.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>