Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: An idea for Hasbro "Economy" boards

"...if you can find the relay locally"

"Radioshack, pretty dang cheap..."

Unfortunately RadioShack doesn't ship internationally and alas "The Source" which replaced RadioShack here despite its name isn't much of a 'source' for electronics parts like RS was in the good old days, it is more a store for electronic gadgets not components so finding either a 5V relay or a transistor or a capacitor for switches for old Ultrasounds or any other of the individual electronic components oft discussed here is often a pain in Canada...most electronic component supply places you find here are only bulk quantity suppliers to businesses and arent interested in mere human customers we arent enough volume to be worth caring about to them.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 04-12-2010 at 03:22 PM.

Dont feel bad...RS here in the states just wants to sell you Cell phones now-a-days... so same boat.... sometimes you can find what you want locally, most the time you simply have to order online. I suppose we can at least do that...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Unless you live in Orange County, CA, where we have a great electronics store that has everything. In a 30,000 square foot warehouse and show room.

http://orvac.com/

They are about to finally start online sales, but it's nice to be able to walk in and find whatever you need- components, wiring and cabling, heat shrink of many colors, tools, projects, the list goes on.

People go there from all over So Cal.

I only go to RS if I'm to lazy too drive the 4 miles just to get a single switch that I know the RS a block away has.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!