Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: GreaSyde's "Dark Leia" (Red P4/2010 Eco Obi SB Hasbro)

Default GreaSyde's "Dark Leia" (Red P4/2010 Eco Obi SB Hasbro)

I got one of the original EU Leia sabers of of eBay recently and I plan on turning it into a sith style saber.

Once all my parts arrive, I will do a test fit (the obi sb fits perfectly) and do the necessary drilling for the AV switch. Then its off to powder coat it black. I'm still torn between wrinkle, gloss or matte. (any suggestions would help)
    Here is a pic of her all broken down.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

This looks like one of the SaberForge hilts.

If it is, did you have to clean up any of the parts of oil, shavings or burrs? Need to shim loose areas or fix anything?
    How well does the pommel ring fit?

I think the gloss black powder coat would look nice, but I hear the glossy black colors show scratches easily. Maybe not, if you get it clear coated afterward.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

You shouldent need an AV switch, IIRC the control box was setup for a tactile.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Quote Originally Posted by Hasid Lafre View Post
    You shouldent need an AV switch, IIRC the control box was setup for a tactile.
    I wish. The control box is a solid piece. This is one of the first EU Leia sabers made by saberforge. I have a coa saying that it's #23 of 50.

Yes it needed to be cleaned thoroughly inside. The previous owner never took it apart (I had it broken down fully within minutes of it arriving )

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Ok, some you bought it from someone who resold it. It probably came in a box, then, unlike the envelopes that SF used with a single piece of bubble wrap floating around insided the envelope, not even wrapped around the saber.

Was the COA folded in half?

What a joke making up COAs for that, what are they "authentic" of? SF's interpretation of Leia's saber? I thought only official licensees could make COAs, at least ones that mean anything. His is pretty much worthless.

I'll look forward to seeing what you do with the saber though.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Tell us how you really feel J-LO. LOL

I think since it is a Dark Leia saber the wrinkle black PC would look good. To me there is nothing shiny about being on the darkside. lol

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Tell us how you really feel J-LO. LOL

I think since it is a Dark Leia saber the wrinkle black PC would look good. To me there is nothing shiny about being on the darkside. lol
    My thoughts exactly.... Wrinkle all the way
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

As much bad stuff as I've heard I like the look of this saber. Personally I think a more weathered look like the starkiller would accent the grip lines and look much better. I understand that the 2010 obiwon is slim and would fit in the choke section but I'd go for a better board for this, or maybe upgrade it later.

ah another dark leia. I did mine a while back and then did the PC and polish for another to look similar so I say go with the wrinkle black to be different.

here is my old one to show what it looks like with high polish and gloss black PC.

here is where I hid my switch (just a little tactile)

and here is a pic showing the accent LEDs

using the small tactile switch I was able to fit 4AA Li-Ion batteries (series/parallel circuit at 7.4V) for a long run time, US 2.1 and a couple accent LEDs.

I know this saber pretty well so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email or PM.

good luck with it. I really like the design of the saber.
    Last edited by Zook; 04-08-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    MH on FX-Forums

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Uh yeah, here is another one...by MH and I:

So, in answer to your color question, that all depends on if you want it to look like those who came before, or to look original. These are beautiful, but I would like to see it done in black wrinkle.

BTW, I have #2 sitting on my shelf all full of metal shavings and awaiting an hour of my time...
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!