Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: ARKM's "The Tactical" Build (SaberSD board w/ illuminated AV switch)

I finally got the lathe work done on the front half of the hilt and the blade holder. I would have had the blade holder done earlier but I messed it up twice and had to start over from scratch both times *grumble*.

Now it's off to my mill for both pieces.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Sorry to hear about the errors, but the end result is looking quite nice!
    Can't wait to see more.
    ~S~
    "My inner child lets my outer adult pay bills and that's it." - Crystal Chambers
    "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - da Vinci
    "If I wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was" - Pemmin

I'd recommend buying a rail system rather than milling one out. It will take a very long time to get this saber done if you make them yourself, and they won't even be the right size. They need to comply with 1913 standard to mount lasers, vert grips, flashlights etc...

Wow, the gun nut in me just exploded, my apologies. But this saber looks very promising!

Need an AR stock for the butt end, or are you gonna mill it out?
    Sometimes, you don't even realize you're being consumed by the Dark... Until it's too late.

Mazaki, stock weaver/pickatinny rails and stock AR "butts" are IMHO, way too large for a lightsaber. Plus the exact look of a real AR butt is not quite what I want on a saber. Close but not quite.

Both the stock AR butt and Weaver rails would look and feel too bulky on a saber, at least to me. As such, I want my rails to be smaller. I am not making my rails so that stock assault rifle accessories can be mounted to the hilt. however I do plan to make my own mounts for my own rails so that I can mount a mini-mag flash light and a common laser pointer (just because I can).

I have machined several sabers and have no problem machining all the parts from scratch. I don't think the rails will take that long to make.

Thanks for your interest in this saber. I hope it does not disappoint.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."