Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Rebel LED voltage specs?

Default New Rebel LED voltage specs?

Tim - thanks VERY much for getting these Rebel stars in stock. Also, thanks for the detailed specs listed. Just missing one item though - the voltage range. I tried looking online but found several variants. I just want to be sure before I risk blowing or underpowering them.

Any chance of adding the voltage specs to the actual store specs for these leds?
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

The typical for 700mA is 3.4v

Hopefully they will post specs for 1000mA soon but I suspect it is around 3.8v or so.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Supposing someone has used the Rebel LEDs already, how do you think they would compare to the discontinued Lux IIIs?

This is a Lux III (left) and a rebel (right)

Both with 4 AAA brand new energizers, blades are 1inch battle blades, quad wrapped corbin film, and 5 feet of added "cello wrap".

Lights off, lights on

Not the results I was expecting.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

What optics were you using?

both of those are 5 degree I believe.

Thats an odd occurance, every time I've used a rebel it puts the Lux3 to shame. I've gotten 3.74v @ 1000mA btw.

Quote Originally Posted by JamoUp View Post
    both of those are 5 degree I believe.
    Those aren't the right optics for a Rebel. The 5 degree is made differently from the 8.7 degree that is intended to be used with the rebel. The lens is not only different, but so is the holder. Tim will be stocking those soon, too, btw. I also tested some of the new Rebel singles back in December, that test can be found here:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=9896&page=2
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 04-26-2010 at 09:26 PM.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Seconded. I found the 5 degree horrible for rebels. Needs smaller dome rebel size optic.

The rebel works with the rebel holder AND the tcss holder, with the carclo 8.7 degree lens. It makes the rebel almost sun-blotting. It also works nicely with P4s.