Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You know you make to many sabers when...

when your coworkersor friends ask to borrow your saber to use to work in dark spaces

when your tired of explaning how your EL saber works

when you do explain how to build a saber. the person your talking to is spaced

when you browse local junk markets and pawn shop for parts and ppl know you

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

your talking about lightsabers in your sleep.

drawing hilt ideas on napkins/or paper on your breaks at work.

When you start going over the fight scenes from star wars in the middle of class- biology, history, english, spanish.(that may be just me)
    When your teacher calls roll and you say you username from tcss.(again may be just me)

"Army or not... you must realize... you... are... DOOMED!"- General Gevious www.geocities.com/starwarsmonkeyz/intro.html

When you get a call from your supervisor who is wondering if your mugged because you are sporting so many "Saber bruises".

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    Master Yoda

When your wife grabs a PolyC blade to use as a clothes bar.

When your wife needs a flashlight and it is quicker to find a LED hilt then a Maglight.

<center></center>

"When you get a call from your supervisor who is wondering if your mugged because you are sporting so many "Saber bruises"."

Mor-El Kesav

Dude, you need to work on blocking your shots. You only get bruised if you get hit. The idea is not to get hit, but to hit the other guy.

Get someone to aim shots at you without intending to connect. Use the standard kata defenseive technique to block. Have them change off from arm to leg shots and then combos. You don't try to hit them. Concentrate on blocking. It takes time, but ya gotta learn to defend before you learn to attack. That's the first rule.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

when, rather than talking out a problem with your significant other, you challenge her to a saber duel, winner takes argument.

"This is U.S. history, I can see the globe right over there..."

But......I didn't think you COULD make too many sabers!?!?!?!?!?!!? [][][8D]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zhi-don

"When you get a call from your supervisor who is wondering if your mugged because you are sporting so many "Saber bruises"."

Mor-El Kesav

Dude, you need to work on blocking your shots. You only get bruised if you get hit. The idea is not to get hit, but to hit the other guy.

Get someone to aim shots at you without intending to connect. Use the standard kata defenseive technique to block. Have them change off from arm to leg shots and then combos. You don't try to hit them. Concentrate on blocking. It takes time, but ya gotta learn to defend before you learn to attack. That's the first rule.

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Trust me, I have been following your instructions, velocities and blocking techniques as per your guidance. Those bruises were from when I first started working out and brother did I have them. These days, I don't sport anywhere near that many. In fact I only have one that I got on my left forearm. The other dueler lost her grip on her lightsaber, it shot out like it was force controlled and whacked me a good one. Very nice, raised, 2.5 inch long, 1 inch wide bruise.

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    Master Yoda