Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to this forum, My first build! WIP/PICS!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dottore Matto View Post
    Yeah, look at any of my sabers with G-flex clamps. If you have specific questions, feel free to PM me.
    Thanks much, LDM, I'd love to ask you a couple questions.

Your work is inspiring, and has helped push me along on this project. Thanks!

Banned Sith Lord

slothfurnace:

as a student studying machining and design engineering. i have to say i absolutley love your work on this hilt. your design on this hilt is absolutley brilliant and one of the best custom obis ive seen in a long time (next to LDMs MK111 of coarse)

your machine work is clean and top quality and your design works brillinatly. very well thought out, designed, and built. i too am astounded by the awesomeness of how you mounted the blade to shine through, once again amazing work. with your appearant apptitude in hilt design mixed with some knowledge of electronics that will come from here. you will become a great sabersmith.

in the words of palpatine: "i shall watch your career with great interest"

welcome to the forum buddy. if you have any questions on machining how to's, tips and special tricks ive learned, shoot me a PM id be happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    slothfurnace:

as a student studying machining and design engineering. i have to say i absolutley love your work on this hilt. your design on this hilt is absolutley brilliant and one of the best custom obis ive seen in a long time (next to LDMs MK111 of coarse)

your machine work is clean and top quality and your design works brillinatly. very well thought out, designed, and built. i too am astounded by the awesomeness of how you mounted the blade to shine through, once again amazing work. with your appearant apptitude in hilt design mixed with some knowledge of electronics that will come from here. you will become a great sabersmith.

in the words of palpatine: "i shall watch your career with great interest"

welcome to the forum buddy. if you have any questions on machining how to's, tips and special tricks ive learned, shoot me a PM id be happy to help.
    Hey thanks! I appreciate that. I am a hobby machinist, and have a lathe in the garage, and have been tinkering with this project (in my mind) for about a year, waiting till I have all the pieces laid out mentally before I started on it.

It's not my first saber, but it is my first bladed one...

My first...

Second...

Third...

And website of my portfolio, containing the rest of my machined objects and game development artworks...

http://www.nonentity.com/
    Last edited by slothfurnace; 04-06-2010 at 08:20 PM.

wow... those are all sorts of WIN
    LOCKHEED

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by slothfurnace View Post
    Thanks much, LDM, I'd love to ask you a couple questions.

Your work is inspiring, and has helped push me along on this project. Thanks!
    Thank you very much. I love to see someone produce such beautiful work as well! Keep it up!!!!

I can also help you get your rechargeable battery solution all set up. PM me when you are ready. I am on the RPF as well, but I am here more often.
    Last edited by Lord Dottore Matto; 04-07-2010 at 12:27 PM.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

Banned Sith Lord

wow nice site dude

Somebody has found a way to the force, you are very awesome my friend. Awe inspiring sabers, very nice job.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Your second saber is delicious. It deserves a blade and sound. You should revisit that one

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Quote Originally Posted by FenderBender View Post
    Your second saber is delicious. It deserves a blade and sound. You should revisit that one
    Wait a second. I second that!....regarding the second that is. Your replica is really nice but obviously you've got some design skill as well. Can't wait to see one of your customs fully come to life.