Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to this forum, My first build! WIP/PICS!

Standing ovation!
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Thumbs up

Very nice build! Thanks for posting - looking forward to seeing the final product!
    LOCKHEED

Wow, thanks everyone!

I really do appreciate everything that was said about my project, and all the valuable information in this forum.

Tossing out the stock MR LED string and building my own never would have happened had I not seen this forum, and big thanks to the custom saber shop for making parts available.

I have a lot to learn about batteries, recharging, etc. But I think I am well on my way to making a nice piece for myself.

Right now I have carefully soldered three AAA batteries together to power the thing, but I will want to go rechargeable for a more permanent solution.

I am not sure what to get for that yet, but I will keep scouring the forums to find out if anyone else has done a rechargeable internal battery pack with port running an MR (vader) soundboard, with progressive lighting of an LED string with the Makototsai V3 LEDs like what I am using.

Again, thanks much for the kind words and suggestions, please, if you guys see anything I am missing, I would benefit greatly from the experience of those who have been there before me.

Very nice work. Awesome Obi Hilt.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

This, my good sir, is an incredibly epic first build.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

I couldn't exactly offer any suggestions, other than to keep making amazing sabers! That is a thing of beauty and I can only imagine how amazing your sabers are going to look when you build a few more!

Fantastic work my friend!

Psab
    Follow Your Bliss

This is a fantastic saber! My favorite part is in this picture, and might be intentional or not:

The bottom edge of the blade is visible underneath the emitter, and it's lit up! Too cool!

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

This is going to to be an epic Obi...I very much look forward to this completed...great job so far!

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

wow very impressive work there!
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    This is a fantastic saber! My favorite part is in this picture, and might be intentional or not:

The bottom edge of the blade is visible underneath the emitter, and it's lit up! Too cool!
    Thanks much!

Yes, once I figured out I could house the blade in the emitter, I made pains to make sure it came all the way back. Not only is it more stable that way, it does offer that cool blue lit ring around it, which is a great effect, in my opinion.

I also am considering some additional blue LEDs in a diffused setup inside the outer shroud, haven't ruled that out yet either.