Thread: 4.8 nimh and 1000ma puck

Default 4.8 nimh and 1000ma puck

The store's resistor chart suggests a 1000ma buck puck as an option for a lux iii running on 4.8 volts. The puck lists 5 volts as the minimum input. Is the .2 volts not a big deal or will I lose some current? I am planning on using a lux iii cyan (with relay), econo hasbro board and 4 aaa nimh batteries with a recharge setup and I would rather use a puck instead of a resistor if possible.

OK, 1st off the cyan LUXIII uses 3.90vf at 1000 ma max. the puck needs 5 v to function, looking at the spec sheet for the puck you need 2 volts above what the value of the LED is so it looks like you will need a 6v pack or higher to power the LED.

follow this link for the specs;
    http://www.philipslumileds.com/pdfs/DS46.pdf

oh, why the relay?
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

I read that the econo board will only output 350ma and the lux iii needs 1000ma. Since the board uses a momentary switch, I will need the relay to keep the led on when direct driving it.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

You can use the older econo boards to drive a P4 with great results. I am not too sure about the Lux III though, if it is a LUX III red I know it would not be too bright. I would suggest just getting a P4 and wire it directly to the board LED output, it will be a lot less wiring than using a relay.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php