Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Luke ROTJ V2 with crystal chassis

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Default Luke ROTJ V2 with crystal chassis

Some of you have seen WIP shots of this saber over the past month or so. It's finally done now as the cone knob came today.

I built this V2 to be 'my' ideal picture of the V2 saber. I used the normal graflex lever and card strip as I don't like how the more accurate ones look. They can be changed out easily enough if I ever have a change of heart - but I doubt it. The weathering on this saber is also unique as far as my method goes. No sandpaper was used, at all. Just sand and a lot of rubbing. I feel like this is how the saber would have 'actually' weathered if used over a few decades. Again, not totally canon, but it's what I like. After weathering, I also did a few washes to get the coloring just right (thanks Jon).

The saber also is the first V2 (to my knowledge) to have a crystal chassis in it. It was really tough to incorporate as I had originally intended for the chassis to just hold a CF, and not a crystal. I fit it all though, unfortunately switching to a US2.5 so I could finish it up. The crystal is a real quartz (thanks Obi Dar) and I tried out Yoda's signature wire wrapping. It's a lot harder than it looks. I got it done, but Yoda's Graflex chassis systems still destroy this one, and always will.

Specs:
    US2.5
    2x Li Ion 14670s in parallel - over 2 hours of runtime
    Idle blinking LED in clamp
    Illuminated crystal chamber that mirrors the blade
    Pommel mounted recharge port
    P4 green LED
    Tactile switch under clamp lever

Pics:

Remove the lower grip section to reveal this

Turn the saber over and pull out the chassis (yes, it slides) to revel this

I hope you all like it!
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Very nice, not enough words can describe this saber. The chassis look very well done, the crystal chamber espically so. Nothing do I have to say against this saber.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Unique setup with the crystal. Is that entire bottom black part a resonance chamber? If so... nice.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

This is an awesome build maul!! I love when real crystals are incorporated, it looks very clean, truly one to be proud of. I will also at some point employ that idea of rubbing straight sand for the weathered look. Very very awesome!!!!

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Unique setup with the crystal. Is that entire bottom black part a resonance chamber? If so... nice.
    Yes, it is a resonance chamber that also holds the charge port neatly. The saber is super loud, as you'll see in the video that I have yet to shoot
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Wow. Job WELL DONE, Alec. I can only hope to pull off something like this in years. *insert The Joker's applauding here*

Yay for mod powers - LM
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 03-31-2010 at 10:29 PM.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Two Thumbs WAY up

great stuff

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

NOW THAT IS A LIGHTSABER!!! bravo

are those graflex brass pins by the crystal? if so, thats a nice alternative use for them
    Last edited by theJUDGE; 04-01-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

Question

Very nice job... nice interpretation of the crystal chamber
    where are the batteries??
    LOCKHEED

Follow the wires from the US2.5 and it appears the batteries are in the resonating chamber.

Good work. This is one of the few replicas I feel I need to add to my collection and this one looks great.