Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: "Faraday" power source

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

But think of the excercise you'll be getting.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

No comment...

Must not comment...

Must... Not... Comment....

I'll just use this poorly drawn "ROTFL" Smily...

I think I'll leave it up for a limited time only...

Then I think I'll comment... lol

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

Well it could work during the dueling as your lightsaber is in constant motion during that time anyway.
    Blue Two

"Destroy the Sith we must!"
    "If so powerful you are, why leave?"
    Master Yoda

Visit the Carolina Saber Academy

even then, i dont think it would generate enough power to run the luxeon.

someone i guess could try it and let us know what happens.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

Funny, I got one like that for christmas and first thing I thought was Lightsaber! I may pick an extra up and see what happens.
    Blue 4 "Im hit!"

I have a flashlight that works similarly with a crank. The LEDs on it are fairly bright, but still nowhere near as bright as a luxeon. One of the first things I noticed was that it required a few minutes of cranking with the lights off to give it a decent charge, and the LEDs only stay bright for about that long. Even if the LEDs in the flashlight have similar power needs as a luxeon (which they don't) you would only be able to run your saber for about three minutes before it would begin to dim. Add to that the fact that a battery takes up much less space than one of these generators and you'll quickly realize that this is not really a viable option for saber builders. I would also suggest that if you are determined to test this for yourself, try using a multimeter rather than actually hooking up a luxeon. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble this way.