Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My first foray into the Saber Building Universe

Default My first foray into the Saber Building Universe

Hey guys, I'm new here and in the spirit of sharing (after reading for weeks, but with immagination built up for 20 something years) I'd like to show you guys my first 2 saber builds. Both are stunts with Ultrasabers heavy dueling blades and run off the 4aaa P4 Green kits in the shop... the larger being mine and the smaller being a gift for my nephew's 5th birthday the end of the month. My saber is a 1.5" sinktube over a 1.25" tube with the sinktube blade holder sold here, knurled set screw, grips made from vinyl floor mat and craft store sticky foam, and help together by the clip, some epoxy, and the clear washers covering the blade window. I suppose it's partially a combination of Obi-Wan TPM and Anakin's ROTS. My nephew's is built like a club and hopefully able to take a beating It's a cut down 1.25" sinktube with the same blade holder, red set screw, and tennis racquet wrap for the grip. Thanks for checking them out!

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...hp?albumid=179

Nice job, man...It will be good to see just how good of a beating those sabers can take, eh?

Djem-So, eh? Good form of combat to know...one of my preferred styles as well.

LED Saber Combat Master Instructor
    Co-Founder of Caine and Novastar's Saber Combat System (NCSCS)
    Life's short...saberplay HARD!

Very nice designs, I like the one with the window a lot. Very nice job.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Love the use of the nylon washers with the light behind it, used those on one of my first, they realy look cool lit like that.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Excellent work! I especially love the windowed saber ALOT! Keep them coming!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

I'm diggin' the longer of the two hilts.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Banned Sith Lord

very nice designs good job!

Thanks for the feedback guys. My next project is in the works so I'll be posting more pics soon. Everyone have a great weekend!

I didn't realize that commenting was frowned upon in the custom saber thread but I really want some feed back on my first saber design. being a basic design I wasn't looking to do anything extravagant. but any helpful feedback would be nice.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=676&page=20

Quote Originally Posted by Fasthands View Post
    I didn't realize that commenting was frowned upon in the custom saber thread but I really want some feed back on my first saber design. being a basic design I wasn't looking to do anything extravagant. but any helpful feedback would be nice.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...?t=676&page=20
    If you want feedback you should start your own thread instead of hijacking someone elses.