Thread: Wiring an AntiVandal switch

Default Wiring an AntiVandal switch

I have one of the Lighted Anti-Vandal switches sold here and is there a way to wire it so that when its latched in its off and when its released it turns the saber on?

I know there are Normally Open and Normally Closed terminals on the under side of the switch but I am a wiring n00b and have no idea what those really mean.
    -Sidd-

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Jay-gon just did this on his last saber build. So he must have used the NC contacts on the switch.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

I saved this pic a while back, I don't remember who posted/made it but credits to them.

I would think that you would wire the input and normally open tabs, so then, when you press the switch 'on' it's actually off.

I have never wired/owned these switches at all, so wait for the masters to check me, but this is my suspicion.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's not even what the ones that Tim sells look like. I think that's from one of Shadar's posts.

And you have it backward. You'd wire the switch for Normally Closed for what he wants.

I already talked to Sidd on AIM and helped him figure it out.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    That's not even what the ones that Tim sells look like. I think that's from one of Shadar's posts.

And you have it backward. You'd wire the switch for Normally Closed for what he wants.

I already talked to Sidd on AIM and helped him figure it out.
    Yes Loreen was very helpful and she even "went easy on me"
    -Sidd-

Testing it out is always the easiest option.. You get soldering experience, and learn hands on something new about electronics

Buuuut..... J-Lo is right Input and Closed are what you need, for the switch to be like that. I recently did this for one of the sabers I upgraded, and it is much more aesthetically pleasing with the Illuminated ring lit when the switch isnt depressed.