Thread: LED Bubble Strip Mounting

Default LED Bubble Strip Mounting

I am currently in the process of building my second saber. Like my first it will be a "stunt" as I'm not ready to graduate to the soundboard wiring ranks yet. To spruce this puppy up and add a new rung in my ladder to sabersmith extraordinaire I bought the red led bubble strip from the store here but am now at an impass as to how to mount the sucker. (at the time of my purchase and writing this the store is sold out of the appropriate box) Here are the specs so far... I'm running it straight off a second 9v battery (my main LED and power is the 4aaa P4 kit) and the saber is a 1.25" sink tube with a full length 1.5" sink tube shrowd/overlay as the main exterior body. My main LED switch is at the mid way point of a 12.5" hilt and I'd like to put the strip in on the lower half of the saber while just showing the bubbles and strip switch through to the outer layer. I'm thinking of some kind of brace underneath it screwed through to the outside with some hot glue to keep it all tight. I've been searching for days to a solution to this, but am now asking to bounce it around the more experienced brains out there. Many thanks in advance

I *think* I understand what you're trying to describe, but some pics or a diagram would help...
    It sounds kinda like you're trying to make a quasi shroud guard over the bubble strip with a little cutout / window that you can see it through?

Other than that, Tim says that the activation box style 5 should be in "any day now"
    -C
    LOCKHEED

Thanks for the reply, and yeah that's the basic idea. I want to keep it as low profile as possible so I can still use the spot where it's mounted as useable hand space. I attached a paintbrush rendering of what I was hoping to accomplish... in reality I don't think I even have what little space looks available in the pic. I definitely want to use the part still so I may have to wait for that box mount unless some genius cram-fu magic happens
    Attached Images Attached Images