Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello!

Default Hello!

Just wanted to say hello!
    A little info on me, I am 19 and currently in college for a degree in CNC. I live in Howard, Wisconsin (suberb of Green Bay so yes I am a cheese head) Ever since I saw Starwars I wanted to have a lightsaber (who didn't). I used to use sticks as my imaginary sabers, then upgraded to an inexpensive ultrasaber. But around Christmas I had Sylus (DJ) make me a custom saber and then he told me about this group of people. I am looking forward to learning all that I can from all of you guys and maybe someday being able to help others learn too. If you are wondering anything feel free to ask, for I tend to be a bit shy. Thats about it

Quote Originally Posted by Tava View Post
    Just wanted to say hello!
    I live in Howard, Wisconsin (suberb of Green Bay so yes I am a cheese head)
    Go Cowboys. Welcome to the forum! Since you know your lathe-fu, I am interested to see what you come up with!
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Thanks for the welcome! I am working on a saber for the competition so you'll get to see my what I came up with at the end of May!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Greetings, hello, and welcome.

There is much to learn, and lots to read.

As you progress, you will have many questions. The answers are available as follows.

90% of your answers can be found by using the search function.
    10% can be found by sheer accident as you won't even realize you had that question until you find the answer.

Enjoy.

Yes I have been reading a lot. There is so much information here that it is sort of overwhelming at times, lol. Thanks for the welcome and yes I think I will enjoy my time here, hehe

Banned Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by $tarkiller View Post
    Since you know your lathe-fu, I am interested to see what you come up with!
    oh man you havent seen nutn yet... he has fantastic lathe fu-
    im hoping, with his help, to increase mine! he is very talented when it comes to design and machine work.

from one noob to another i say Welcome !

LOL i read and read for 4 months or so before i ever even made an account, then read for a few months more...As a result I never asked a single question before completing my first saber....but that may be more that I wished not to be scolded for not finding it on my own

regardless I very much look forward to seeing what you will be making for us to behold. as well as SUPER jealous that you have access to a lathe ! i have to do it the retard way by hooking pieces to my drill press and using files and such haha.

again welcome

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tava View Post
    Yes I have been reading a lot. There is so much information here that it is sort of overwhelming at times, lol. Thanks for the welcome and yes I think I will enjoy my time here, hehe

It can be overwhelming. I know from experience. And there are folks here to guide you. Just go slow, take your time, and all will work out.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    oh man you havent seen nutn yet... he has fantastic lathe fu-
    im hoping, with his help, to increase mine! he is very talented when it comes to design and machine work.
    Thanks buddy! But I think we are about the same with our lathe fu haha

I only have access to machines at school and once I am done (in 6 weeks) I won't have access till I get some of my own