Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: New guys 1st real saber atempt

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Soliciting for sales from other members on these forums is prohibited, Xanthus....

Understood, I was mentioning I had already, and not on the forums.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Darth Xanthus; 05-10-2010 at 03:50 PM.

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.

Default Finally upgraded

Well I finally got around to fixing a few of the tweeks I wanted to make in my this saber....

First I upgraded to a custom rechargeable pack 6v... with a a kill switch/recharge port and custom kill switch, as well as grinding down the screws to look nice...

Also added a covertec clip

Drilled holes in lower end to help the sound out a little more since adding the recharge port sort of blocked it off. still not as loud as it was before but still nice

and lastly i actually swapped the LED out for a Green Rebel, although I like Cyan the one I got before was way too green/teal for my taste so I figured to just make it a full on green saber. And I really like the rebel, its really bright and the blade its nearly perfectly even.

Hope you like the new changes and also look forward to saber number 2 being posted very soon!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That looks much better.

Nice upgrades.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

what did ya use for a kill switch? I know its custom but details please?
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Youngling

you know what would be really bad ass!, Making all the spaces between the outter part, glow with EL wire..

holycrap that would be great

Hehe sorry shadar I guess that was misleading since I should have used the word kill "plug". The swith itself is just a 2.1mm or size m I think from radio shack

HAVOK- yeah it had been mentioned to me before to try filling the grooves with el wire, but for this one specificly it only has a ID of 1" and it is cram-fu filled as it is. LoL plus I have never worked with EL yet. Mabye in the future u will try to come up with something similaaar.

Thanks all for the comments!
    Last edited by Borax; 05-13-2010 at 10:11 AM.

LOL I had mentioned that, but I think with the way those grooves go it is a better idea than it would be applied. I think a design based on this where each groove flowed and there were less junctions for the EL to have to cross over itself or stuff like that would work out better.

I love that saber man, looks awesome!

Something something something dark side,
    something something something complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Borax View Post
    Hehe sorry shadar I guess that was misleading since I should have used the word kill "plug". The swith itself is just a 2.1mm or size m I think from radio shack...

Thanks all for the comments!
    I meant the plug... its not your standard one from here and i was interested
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

the kill plug was made from a stainless acorn nut with all the edges ground smooth and then the center drilled out to fit the 2.1mm male plug and then epoxy glued together

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Very nice.. I like how you ground down the screws to turn them into spikes. I wasn't sure how you were going to pull it off when you talked about it earlier, but it looks great. You definitely have the fu
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!