Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NSCFCD#3 -- Holy Crystal Focus v5, I'm gonna DO this?!?! :)

More updates... (originally posted on FX-Sabers, just in case you've already seen that)
    ---------------------------------

ALRIGHT!

I'm pretty far ahead of schedule, so I wanted to let everyone know at least some fun hints as to what's comin' soon...

---------------------------------------------------

* 12 fonts of my own are finished (plan is to at least do 14 total of my own)
    * Already 2 guest fonts confirmed... more about those guys & their awesome work soon!
    * Release can most certainly be confirmed for October (not sure what specific day yet), but... yup, it's for sure!

FONT "HINTS":

~ "Special" Episode II font... and no, it's not the horrible re-mastered one I did on CD2, hahahh... this one is actually GOOD!
    ~ "Special" Episode IV font... only hint I'll give is that it has to do with Luke & Ben
    ~ "Special" Episode V font... only hint I'll give is that is has to do with Luke & it's not about Cloud City or "vs. Vader"
    ~ Darkside font... only hint I'll give is that it's not Darth Maul, nor is it Sidious (well, besides, EP I from CD1 was basically my Darth Maul font anyhow, hahahah...)
    ~ Darkside font... only hint I'll give is that it's inspired by a female
    ~ Three new "elemental" fonts
    ~ Two movie/film/cartoon inspired fonts (at least 2 for SURE--might be more, hard to say)
    ~ New Fire Sword font...
    ~ New Whip font...
    ~ New "martial combat" style font...
    ~ Special "Crystalline Workshop" font... a font that Michael Murphy (Yoda) and I had been discussing/working on since CD2 was released back in Oct. 2009. Similar in concept to the one Madcow released, but extremely different in implementation! You'll have to hear it for yourself to understand! It's one of my favorites from Compendium 3, that's sure...
    ~ Special "Black Lightsaber" style font...

EXTRAS

* Obviously, some guest fonts already! Maybe more will be there... IDK... that's up to if people want to do so! I'm not forcing you of course, it's just--people are ~welcome~ to do so. You just gotta say so. I won't be mad or whatever if you DON'T though, lol

* CFv5 support for older fonts (not sure yet precisely which fonts I'll put on there, but things like "Novastar", "Blackstar", "Ancient Saber" and so forth will certainly show up there!)

* Extra poweron/off sounds for several of the fonts (although--I won't lie--I may NOT end up mixing new powerons/offs for EVERY singular font from CD1&2 + CD3... that might be the death of me, lol)

* Probably Erviana Jones I, II & III is going on there... if they fit!

* I ~might~ (read: ****MIGHT****) include the "half complete" audio track that was meant for BOP III... (!!!!) ... I mean... it's been so bloody long, and the project seems as though it might not get performed live or otherwise, so... yeah, if you're reading this--feel free to tell me what you think. Like, would that "spoil" the fun if I ever DID release it?? That is, since you'd already know a good amount of what's going on?? Also, it's not complete nor 100% "polished". Some sounds are just "wrong" and/or placeholders... .... ... anyhow--your opinions on this are welcomed.

---------------------------------------------------

Well there ya have it! I'll "truly identify" the fonts soon enough, when I post to my own website with full descriptions, font names and all that jazz + release the announcement video.

THANKS for your patience on this!! To be honest... I didn't think I'd get "inspired" enough to really "go for it" and work hard to have CD#3 completed so soon. Much thanks to Watto (RSLJ) regarding this--more on that later... but yeah, this time around, I actually ENJOYED the work quite a bit more, lol! Last time... it was getting a bit mundane, tedious and a bit of drudgery for me...

...who knows... maybe the visit to France helped clear my head! hahahahah PROBABLEMENT OUI!!!!

--Novastar
    Last edited by Novastar; 10-02-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: edited mal-formed 'smiley' data
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

epic score! I can't wait! do you possible have a estimate when it'll be available??

"Special" Episode V font... only hint I'll give is that is has to do with Luke & it's not about Cloud City or "vs. Vader" - wampa stompa time???
    Last edited by sekrogue1985; 10-03-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    ...YUP!

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Cant wait bro,sounds like this one gonna be sweet.
    I got a few more fonts my self ill shoot em over ,maybe they could fill cd space at the end
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

This latest project is sounding sweet! And I'd probably FINALLY get these discs, if I could EVER get a CF. I think I've pretty much written this possibility off after 4 years of trying.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ranger View Post
    This latest project is sounding sweet! And I'd probably FINALLY get these discs, if I could EVER get a CF. I think I've pretty much written this possibility off after 4 years of trying.
    Y not just gett them anyway just so u don't have to wait for them if and when u get a CF. it'll also maybe get u motivated to make your own font.
    ...YUP!

Sek... well, it's true that I probably WILL do some "deals" with the CDs again... and there will likely be "bundles" too with any upcoming CF. More on that later of course...

UPDATES:

* Added support for v5 configs, regarding latching n/o, latching n/c, momentary, and a combination of "1A", "1.5A" and "2.0A" for the LED settings (basically 47, 70 and 93, respectively).

* Added a new "Halloween"-ish font... just in time for the holidays! I hope to have the CDs ready & shipped (if ordered) prior to Halloween...

* Completed most of the secondary/tertiary, etc. "poweron" sound work. Special thanks to Matthew on this one (Darth Xusia... not ME Matthew! lol)

* A few more guest fonts are confirmed, and we'll probably have "Hero" from MadCow if all goes well!

* Darthsteve on FX was asking about "Ghostbusters". G-Busters will actually be there! Font is already done, heheh...

* Although I wasn't initially going to have a "Yoda" font... I *MIGHT* be able to swing it. We'll see!

That's all for now!! More very soon! I hope to get the webpages up this week... I hope... :P

EDIT/SMALL UPDATE:

* Yoda font = DONE!

I'm not sure yet if I'll do a version that has some "Yoda quotes" embedded in there... we'll see, but... I'd really like to! I think that would give things some character (duh), and if I make 2 versions (I've done that on a few fonts already), people could pick and choose sounds that... (*ahem*)... DO OR DO NOT have the quotes, depending on their POINT OF VIEW...

... ***GRRRROOOAAAAN*** lol ;D
    Last edited by Novastar; 10-05-2010 at 10:33 PM. Reason: added small update
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

FINALLY DONE!!

*whew*

My lordy lordy lordy it took throngs of work to get THAT all squared away, lol...

Anyhow... hope you guys enjoy! This time around... it was a LOT more fun to build (still work too, but I was pretty "miserable" making the 2nd one--don't know why)... and I'm excited to see/hear people's reactions to the new fonts on CD3...

Have a great weekend everyone... and hey, hope I finished the CD3 in time for your Halloween fun!!!

<--- goes to collapse for like 3 days of straight sleep, hahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    FINALLY DONE!!

*whew*

My lordy lordy lordy it took throngs of work to get THAT all squared away, lol...

Anyhow... hope you guys enjoy! This time around... it was a LOT more fun to build (still work too, but I was pretty "miserable" making the 2nd one--don't know why)... and I'm excited to see/hear people's reactions to the new fonts on CD3...

Have a great weekend everyone... and hey, hope I finished the CD3 in time for your Halloween fun!!!

<--- goes to collapse for like 3 days of straight sleep, hahahah
    you better cause cause IDK...it'd be awsome!
    ...YUP!

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

i may have to get your CDs just on the principal of it all...

just got the email that it is available! and what do i do buy it!!!!!!!!!

can't wait to get it!
    ...YUP!